[certtest] New release certification beta application now available

  • From: Trudy Prins trudy@localhost
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:46:42 +0200

Dear colleagues,

We have upgraded the certification test application. The current release
is regarded as the beta release of this software.

We invite you all to have a look:

https://certtest.ripe.net/

Be aware of the fact that your old configurations were discarded to
enable this beta release, so, can you please start from scratch,
also to ensure/test that all functionality is working and clearly presented?

The following functionality and improvements have been added to this
release:

    * Improved key pair life cycle management

    * Proper certificate and ROA repository, using rsync:-
rsync://certtest.ripe.net/certrepo/

    * Repository validation with an independent tool, rcynic:-
attached the RIPE NCC (test) root certificate to use when testing
validation.

    * Improved documentation and help text

    * Possibility to request a login account from the welcome page

A new screencast on how to use the application will be made available
on the welcome page, this Friday. We are still working on it, and will
let you know when you can access it.

Please try this beta software out and let us know what you think.
Bug reports, missing functionality, questions or any other feedback are
welcome and very important for us!

This beta release will be presented during RIPE 57 in Dubai; we will
prioritise further work according to the feedback we receive, we will
keep you updated of the progress,

Regards,

Trudy Prins
Manager Business Applications