[Atlas-anchors-pilot] My Anchor is here!

Michela Galante mgalante at ripe.net
Thu Nov 7 16:07:45 CET 2013

Hi Gert,

although I have already replied to you, the same information might be useful to other people included in the atlas anchors pilot list so I am going to reply to all now.

On Nov 6, 2013, at 5:30 PM, Gert Doering <gert at space.net> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> so my Anchor arrived today, and is sitting on my desk, waiting for the
> next steps.  I'm a bit unclear on that, so what are the next steps?

This is good feedback. Thanks! We will change the instructions to make them clearer. I guess it is mostly about My Anchor page? Or anything else?

> The installation instruction says I should klick on "My Anchors" on
> the Atlas web page (after logging in) and fill in the details there - but
> I seem to be a bit blind today, so where do I click now…?

The page is not available yet so it is not you. We were aiming to have it available before the first anchors were reaching the hosts but it did not happen on time. It should become available beginning of next week.
So for now we will need you to provide us with the following details by e-mail so we can enter them into our system:

- Technical support information: this should be the role object as listed in the RIPE Database.

- Location where anchor will be hosted: City, Country, Latitude, Longitude

- IPv4 address, netmask, Gateway IPv4, ASN (v4)

- IPv6 address, prefix length, Gateway IPv6, ASN (v6)

With these details we will be able to create the image you need to install on the anchor.
You will be receiving shortly an e-mail with the link to download it. Please, allow us some time to create the image after we have received the information.

About the installation instructions you can also check this link: https://atlas.ripe.net/doc/anchor-installation/
I will change the part referring to My Anchor page as per your feedback so it will be less confusing.

Let me know if you have any other question,
Michela

Measurement Community Building Team
RIPE NCC