[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Pilot Phase Two, and other news

Aleksi Suhonen Aleksi.Suhonen at trex.fi
Mon Mar 18 06:31:38 CET 2013

Hello,

On 03/14/2013 08:34 PM, Vesna Manojlovic wrote:
> * Phase two of the pilot program is going steady!

Some time ago I was asking about making some sort of a press release,
but the timing was not good. Could we revisit this now, please?

> * We have published the results of the research into virtualization
> capabilities, done as a graduation project by Luigi Corsello:
> https://labs.ripe.net/Members/romeo_zwart/ripe-atlas-anchor-to-ripe-ncc-service-node

There's been talk about adding various other services on the nodes, and
I'm still very interested in this aspect. Has this idea also been
considered:

Add a RIS collector and/or beacon on the Atlas Anchor as a VM?

I realize that this would only be useful on Anchors hosted at IXPs.

Yours,

--
	+358 4567 02048 / http://www.trex.fi/
	Aleksi Suhonen / TREX  Tampere Region Exchange Oy

     `What I need,' shouted Ford, by way of clarifying his
     previous remarks, `is a strong drink and a peer-group.'
        -- Douglas Adams, Life the Universe and Everything