[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Heads-up about new HW specs

Vesna Manojlovic BECHA at ripe.net
Thu Aug 29 16:59:05 CEST 2013

Dear pilot-anchors-hosts,

this is an informal heads-up about the HW specs:

we are currently testing:
- Soekris box net6501-70 Board
- in 1U 19 Inch Rackmount Case
- and 128 GB SSD SLC

Our reasons for looking into this configuration:
- No Moving parts (accept disks)
- Single board solution
- Very Low power 5-15W
- Cheap
(the list price is around 700-800 Euros)

*PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS BOX YET!!!*

We are currently testing it,
and we are negotiating with suppliers for the lower price.

We will announce the final HW specs with the the production service
announcement when we are ready with all the details (technical,
administrative & legal),
however, we wanted to satisfy your geeky curiosity...

Regards,
Vesna

Even more technical details:

Processor	1.6 Ghz Intel Atom E6xx single chip
Memory	2048 Mbyte DDR2-SDRAM, soldered on board
Disks	2 X 2TB, SATA, 3.5-in, 7.2K RPM Hard Drive
RAID	Software raid
Power	1 x Internal, 12V, 5.0A, C14 Inlet, 90V-264V