[Atlas-anchors-pilot] moar credits

Robert Kisteleki robert at ripe.net
Mon Aug 26 13:11:27 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 2013.08.26. 12:05, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:35:20AM +0200, Tore Anderson wrote:
>> So a feature request from me to the Atlas team would be actually
>> start running some serious amounts of measurement traffic to/from the
>> anchors, and make some nice reporting/stats interface that aggregates
>> the results of those measurements.
>
> +1
>
> I'll still follow up my UDM avenue, but that would give me (as soon as
> my Anchor mini manifests) even more data to play with :-)
>
> Naive approach: run public UDMs with "enough probes (200+)" to each
> anchor, for a start, and then add some sort of condensed view...
>
> Gert Doering -- NetMaster

We are, in fact, working on these "Anchoring measurements", which is
described in the roadmap in the "in progress" section as:

Involve each probe in anchoring measurements
Each probe will target a number of RIPE Atlas anchors and periodically
execute ping and traceroute measurements, allowing a steady stream of
baseline measurements as well as data for identifying network changes and
issues

Besides this, the Anchors are available for any Atlas user to measure
against; we also show them in the list of targets.

Finally, "DNSMON powered by Atlas" is also in the making, so the anchors
will soon not be so quiet... :)

Cheers,
Robert