[Atlas-anchors-pilot] moar credits

Vesna Manojlovic BECHA at ripe.net
Mon Aug 26 09:40:27 CEST 2013

Dear all,

it's great to see that you are so eager to learn about the new plans for
Anchors :)

On 23/08/13 7:11 , Gert Doering wrote:

> Seems everyone is desperately waiting for the new specs... :-)

... yes, and I still have to ask you for more patience -- we are working
on internal testing of probe SW on new HW, we'll let you know as soon as
we can...

> (I'm also waiting for the specs, so I can finally have my Anchor, so I
> can replenish my dwindling credits... :-) )

If the credits are what you are after - please *ask* for more,
and we will always accommodate you!

The credit system was put in place to
a) protect the system of being too stressed
b) ensure fairness of use of the system

However, currently the system is _not_ under the threat of too much
stress, and the users who can come up with an interesting use cases are
more equal then others ;-)

Ways to get more credits:

1) Who ever is an LIR / member of RIPE NCC can "claim million credits" :
https://atlas.ripe.net/atlas/credits_to_lirs.html

2) It's also very easy to transfer credits from one user to another:
https://atlas.ripe.net/user/credits/#!tab-transfer

3) Ask nicely :)

In return, we would _like_ to get a "testimonial" / success story:
- by using RIPE Atlas, I have solved _this_ problem
- RIPE Atlas made _that_ easier for me in my daily job
- world is a better place because I used RIPE Atlas to...

Have a good week!

Vesna

(Gert, please check your credits history, today's entry ;-)