[Atlas-anchors-pilot] RIPE Atlas Anchors to be Single-Service System

Wilfried Woeber Woeber at CC.UniVie.ac.at
Thu Aug 22 12:53:28 CEST 2013

[...]
> The reasons for the decision to use a single-service system are:
> - The lower price of the smaller box will allow more hosts to participate,

What would the sprcifications look like?

My line of thinking is: the "big" box is fairly new and covered with a service
contract, but they will not be used to full capacity. Looking ahead and reading
that I would have to replace the box with the new technology (= pay again :-) ),
I am wondering whether there are benefits in swapping the hardware asap and put
the big box to a differnt good use.

Ideas? Thanks,
Wilfried.