[Atlas-anchors-pilot] HW specs: the choice of *two*

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Wed Sep 26 11:56:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:47:58AM +0200, Richard Barnes wrote:
> Speaking as a non-IXP/ISP host, I probably would not be able to provide a 10G port for an anchor node.

+1

Seconded, we do not need the higher precision by 10GE and couldn't
actually afford a 10G port either.

OTOH, while this can has been opened, I was wondering whether we want
2x 1G links to hook the Anchor up to the network with bonded / active-slave
interfaces, so a switch failure would not take out the Anchor box.

(Given that most servers we buy these days have 2x GE onboard right
out of the box anyway, I sort of assumed this, but never checked)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279