[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Atlas Anchor HW: how to buy

Vesna Manojlovic BECHA at ripe.net
Tue Sep 25 15:07:41 CEST 2012

Dear all,

after we agree on the HW specs, this is the info on "how to buy":

We have negotiated the deal with a company called SCC: they a Dell
reseller: "premier direct partner" of Dell.

You can order the box either from SCC, or directly from Dell.

SCC are aware of the exact specifications, they made us a good deal
(lower price then the listing on the web), and they are going to make
the purchasing and shipping process easier for you.
     (see the shipping & handling costs below)

However, they are Dutch, which means that EU companies will have an easy
contact with them, but it is possible that the non-EU countries will
have longer delays and higher shipping costs.
They will also ask you for a pre-payment, if you have not done a
business with them before.

This is our recommended way of purchasing.

However, you can choose to buy the server directly form Dell.
In that case, please make sure that you order *the exact configuration*,
otherwise we might not be able to support it on our side.

Once we choose the hosts for the first phase,
we will let *only you* know the contact details of SCC.

In order to make the choice of hosts,
I will ask all of you to fill in the short survey.

Regards,
Vesna

===

Shipping and handling costs by SCC:

SCC: the shipment costs per location as per your request.

Our rates are based on delivery only, without DDP delivery (clearance).
We calculated 3 boxes 10kg each.

AT, DE,GR,IE,IT,UK,           	€94,60
FR, SK,                        	€100,50
CH                             	€164,50
JP,US                          	€456,00
AU                             	€728,00
RU                 Varies from
				€164,50 in Moscow
	 			€728,00 in other areas
NL                              €32,00

  Above rates are the purchase prices for SCC Services.

The uplift SCC Services calculate to relieve Ripe NCC for shipment
is €50,= per delivery per country.

===