[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Short update on the progress of the pilot planning

Vesna Manojlovic BECHA at ripe.net
Tue Sep 18 13:42:21 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Short update on what is happening:

We are refining the pilot hardware spec according to the feedback we
have received.

We intend to stay with Dell for the pilot.

The replacement schedule will be 4 years.

We plan to offer pilot hosts to order either from our Dutch supplier or
locally at their preference but we have to insist on one specific
configuration, so do not order anything yet! ;-)

We have quotes including a three year next business day service contract
that are slightly more than Eur 3000.- plus shipping and taxes.

We are working to get a quote for the pilot configuration including a
4-y service contract.

We will keep you posted and as soon as the configuration and quotes are
in we will ask you to confirm your interest and to state whether you
prefer to be an early bird (Q4/2012) or in the second wave (Q1/2013).

Stay tuned!

Vesna