[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Network configuration details

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Tue Oct 30 10:32:45 CET 2012

Hi Romeo and thanks for your answers,

* Romeo Zwart

>> - Desired prefix lengths for IPv4 and IPv6? (If shorter than /31 for
>> IPv4, could you provide a filled in ripe-488 form?)
>
> Not sure I understand your question. I think that the assumption here
> has been that addresses used will be part of your (aggregated) address
> space.

Yes, exactly. So the RIPE NCC will essentialy be my End User here, and I
will need to make a PA assignment to the pilot. Right?

If so, that means you will need to document your need for IPv4 address
space just like any other customer of mine. This is done by filling out
a ripe-488 form. That isn't necessary for IPv6 (as long as you don't
require more than a /48). But I still need to know which prefix length
you want on the link network. /64, /127, something else?

Wouldn't it have been ironic if I were to "fail" an LIR Audit because I
lacked the mandatory documentation for a PA assignment made to the RIPE
NCC? :-D

> No routing requirements for the pilot. BGP for a K-root instance is
> beyond the scope of the Atlas Anchor pilot. We are considering some
> alternatives for the K-root setup that may or may not use BGP, but as
> said, that's out of scope for this pilot.

Oh, then I have misunderstood. I was under the impression that a K-root
instance was one of the launch services.

--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com