[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Jumbo MTU on service interfaces ?

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Sat Nov 10 20:31:08 CET 2012

* Nick Hilliard

> On 10/11/2012 11:10, Tore Anderson wrote:
>> Considering that only one production interface is to be used, I
>> don't see how this could possibly be achieved?
>
> no, i meant provider resilient FH.  I.e. whether we as atlas hosts
> should provide vrrp / hsrp default gateway.

I can do VRRP, no problem. But, the way I see it, for it to make any
sense, I would need to use two ports to connect to the anchor's two
ports, and the anchor would need to bridge between its two ports.

I suppose it's technically possible to run VRRP on a single interface,
but I don't see why one would want to do that - it wouldn't be any more
fault tolerant than a single plain non-VRRP-enabled interface in any
case, or am I missing something here?

--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/