[Atlas-anchors-pilot] Jumbo MTU on service interfaces ?

Nick Hilliard nick at inex.ie
Fri Nov 9 18:18:43 CET 2012

On 09/11/2012 16:46, Romeo Zwart wrote:
> There have been reports on this list about the chosen NIC (well,
> built-in actually) having issues with jumbo frames in some drivers. We
> have not investigated this in detail yet, and we have no decision yet on
> jumbo frame support in the pilot.

Hi Romeo,

Could you post a desired network configuration for setting up these boxes?
 At the moment, it's not clear what exactly you need or what your
recommended configuration settings are.

I.e.

- subnet size / configuration for drac interface
- subnet size / configuration for production interface
- MTU for all
- policy for whether you're ok about them being connected to the same
switch, etc
- resilient first hop
- ipv6 connectivity for production interface

Everyone seems to be having the same questions at the moment, so it would
be useful to have some formal guidelines on what you want / need.

Nick