Mailing List Software Migration
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:45:47 +0200
[apologies for duplicate mails]
Dear Mailing List Subscriber,
The RIPE NCC will change its mailing list software from "majordomo" to
"mailman" on 17 October 2002. The new mailing list software will give
users more options to manage their subscriptions to the RIPE and RIPE
NCC mailing lists. Additionally, this change is being made to ensure
stability and continuity of mailing list management and archiving.
The new mailing list software will give users a number of options
using a web interface:
- Subscribing and Unsubscribing to mailing lists
- Reviewing general information about the mailing lists
- Viewing subscriptions to mailing lists
- Temporarily disabling mail delivery
- Choosing between regular and digests of mailing list postings
- Acknowledgements to postings
The web interface will be located at the following URL:
As well as using the web interface, mailing list users can manage
their subscription and retrieve information by using an e-mail client.
Further details on this are available at the above URL.
Please note that if mailing list users are already subscribed to one
or more mailing lists, they do not have to take any action. Messages
can still be sent to the regular mailing lists addresses and
subscriptions will not have to be re-confirmed.
If you have any questions about this migration, please feel free to
send an e-mail to webmaster@localhost
RIPE NCC Mailing List Moderation