[Apwg-ipv6-papi] Meeting planning

Elvis Velea elvis at velea.eu
Fri Sep 27 10:56:24 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 9/27/13 9:39 AM, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> the discussion has started, and it's quite positive so far :-) - working
> on details, working on definitions, but no fundamental opposition.

yup, quite a lot of feedback for less than a day :-) I'm happy \o/

> Anyway: looking ahead.  There's a RIPE meeting coming up, and I've set
> aside most of the second time slot (70-ish minutes) for this proposal.

wonderful :)

> To make the best use of this time, the discussion should be well-prepared
> and well-coordinated.  For that, I'd ask you (the volunteer crew) to
> listen closely to the various arguments brought up on the list, and try
> to extract individual discussion items on this, so the whole thing can
> be broken down to smaller and more well-manageable pieces.

I agree, we should split the whole slot in bits and discuss each
argument brought up on the list.

I've just started an other document on google drive and we all should
edit this document and insert each argument and the discussions around it.

> Like, for example
>
>   - how should the "sub-lir" "sponsored-lir" "child-lir" be called?
>
>   - should we work on the wording for "users who want a /48"?  (Right now
>     the community seems to read an endorsement to go to a /32 in there,
>     while I think the policy document should be neutral on the size of
>     an allocation)
>
>   - ...

yup, exactly :)

> more items will come up :-)