[Apwg-ipv6-papi] Meeting planning

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Fri Sep 27 09:39:04 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

the discussion has started, and it's quite positive so far :-) - working
on details, working on definitions, but no fundamental opposition.

Anyway: looking ahead.  There's a RIPE meeting coming up, and I've set
aside most of the second time slot (70-ish minutes) for this proposal.

To make the best use of this time, the discussion should be well-prepared
and well-coordinated.  For that, I'd ask you (the volunteer crew) to
listen closely to the various arguments brought up on the list, and try
to extract individual discussion items on this, so the whole thing can
be broken down to smaller and more well-manageable pieces.

Like, for example

 - how should the "sub-lir" "sponsored-lir" "child-lir" be called?

 - should we work on the wording for "users who want a /48"?  (Right now
   the community seems to read an endorsement to go to a /32 in there,
   while I think the policy document should be neutral on the size of
   an allocation)

 - ...

more items will come up :-)

thanks,

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279