[Apwg-ipv6-papi] Presentation: It was a hard discussion

Daniel Stolpe stolpe at resilans.se
Tue Oct 22 10:42:42 CEST 2013

I would just like to say that I got positive feed back from several people
off the record. "Don't give up!" and such comments.

Maybe we should sum up the more negative feed back from the presentation
and have a quick look at it before we go back to the public mailing list.

I feel that at least the aggregation/deaggregation policy from what Rob
said was news to me. If there is no "must" in aggregation of PA (maybe a
"should"?) then we don't have to suggest additional allocations per LIR.

I'm also considering what Wilfried said about unlimited sub-allocations.
That is not really how we discussed it on Monday night but if we go the
64-56-48-40-32 chain, then there would be some limits. Just a thought. And
who would be responsible? I guess the LIR with the /32 allocation has to
be responsible even for the sub-allocations somehow. It cannot be that the
LIR tells the NCC that "I gave this to someone else, and I have no idea
what they do with it".

And Hans Petter recommends everybody to become an LIR, to be genuinely
independent. Well, he could just as well recommend everybody to run a
domain name registry, if they want to use DNS.

Cheers,

Daniel