[Apwg-ipv6-papi] first draft?

Elvis Daniel Velea elvis at velea.eu
Mon Jul 15 16:32:24 CEST 2013

Hi,

Hope you had a great vacation Daniel.

can't wait to see your input/comments.

Basically, I'm still wondering if it's going to be ok (accepted by the
community) to have a minimum allocation of a /32 either made by the
RIPE NCC or by the LIR.

I would see a few problems:
- if the LIR makes minimum /32 allocations.. they will run out of
space in their allocations after 8 customers and will need an
additional allocation. Should the /32 allocated to a customer (the
sub-allocation) be considered fully used once it's made?
-if the NCC will make minimum /32 portable allocations.. what will be
the incentive for someone to become an LIR? should the cost for the
portable allocations be different then the 50€ paid for the /48
(portable) assignment?

Can't wait to hear your input.

cheers,
elvis

Excuse the briefness of this mail, it was sent from a mobile device.