[Apwg-ipv6-papi] policy proposal done?

Daniel Stolpe stolpe at resilans.se
Fri Aug 30 14:27:17 CEST 2013

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Sander Steffann wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Well...  "quite a lot of entities" is exaggerating a bit, I think - I still
>> haven't seen anyone show up on the APWG list and just plainly *propose*
>> that we remove the "no subassignments!" restriction on the PI policy.
>>
>> I'd assume that if this we really hurting that much, someone might propose
>> to change it...
>
> Just ignoring it is easier...
> Sander

I promise, we (my company) see them often. Maybe the situation in Sweden
differs from the rest of the RIPE region. I know it does in some ways
because we were early adopters. They are used to getting IPv4 space from
(or with the help of) us, and now they come to us asking to help them with
IPv6 and some of them are clever enough to say "We don't want to make the
same mistakes as we did with IPv4" (they often find themselves with lots
of small chunks of IPv4). So they ask for a big chunk of IPv6, that will
last a good while.

So we are starting a few more LIR:s for these guys but I don't think that
is the right way.

Cheers,

Daniel

Daniel Stolpe           Tel:  08 - 688 11 81                   stolpe at resilans.se