[Apwg-ipv6-papi] policy proposal done?

Elvis Velea elvis at velea.eu
Mon Aug 26 23:41:10 CEST 2013

Dear Emilio, all,

I would like to move this forward, I have been talking to some (RIPE
NCC, board, community) people attending the APNIC36 meeting and I am now
sure that this is the right time to move this proposal forward.

Therefore, if nothing exceptionally changes by the end of the week, once
I'm back in the Netherlands next week (from hot China) I will contact
Emilio and ask him to formally give the policy proposal a name and number.

I am sorry to be stealing this from all of you and I do understand that
some of you have better things to do, however, I have invested a lot of
time in writing and editing this proposal and I feel that I have to give
it a try.

I've also asked a few of the board members to have a look at the
document, you may see that I have shared the document with them so that
they can (only) view it. That is because I had some concerns on what
would a charging scheme look like in a world where everyone could
receive a (minimum) /32.

@Olaf and Daniel - if you think you have the time to read the document
and come back with comments by Monday, and if you think you have enough
time to discuss it on the mailing list once this is sent there, please
let me know and the three of us can continue to be the proposers and
work on it.. do note that working will involve quite a few hours spent
debating it on the mailing lists and at the RIPE Meeting before this
will (if ever) become a policy.

Otherwise, just let me know and I'll ask Emilio to move the proposal
forward on my behalf.

cheers,
elvis