[Apwg-ipv6-papi] The Picture / Re: first draft?

Elvis Velea elvis at velea.eu
Fri Aug 23 11:09:18 CEST 2013

Hi Emilio,

no worries, we'll need the picture just before officially sending the
proposal to the list.

What I would like to see in that picture is:
- remove references to ISPs; LIRs are no longer only ISPs, any
organisation can be an LIR and make sub-allocations

- keep the idea that from the RIR there are two options for an other
organisation to receive the allocation:
1. via the LIR (left) or
2. via the Sponsoring LIR (right)
I'd like it to look just like via the LIR but with a dotted line to show
that the allocation is actually made directly to the end-user. Ideally,
there would be two lines, one dotted showing the link to the Sponsoring
LIR and a direct line between the RIPE NCC and the EU. Not sure what the
best representation would be here?
The one via the LIR (left) is ok now, only thing needed to be removed is
the ISP word.
The one via the Sponsoring LIR (right) (dotted line) will be the one on
the right.

- from the LIR (left) or the EU (right) I want the picture to show that
there can be an unlimited number of delegations (sub-allocations), the
last one being the end-site.

cheers,
elvis