News and Announcements
- NETmundial Concludes With Multistakeholder Statement
NETmundial, a two-day, multi-stakeholder meeting on Internet governance issues, concluded on Thursday, 24 April, in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Why the 'Internet of Things' Will Fail Without IPv6
- Legacy IPv4 Address Space Returned to IANA
On 22 April 2014, the RIPE NCC handed over 5,376 returned legacy IPv4 addresses to IANA. This is the second time the RIPE NCC has returned legacy IPv4 addresses to IANA. For more information, please see the original news item and related documents.
- RIPE NCC Security Update on "Heartbleed" SSL Encryption Bug
The RIPE NCC is highly committed to protecting our IT infrastructure and safeguarding our members' data. Last week, a bug exploiting a serious security vulnerability in SSL encryption technology was discovered to have affected millions of websites.
- Update on the IANA Transition
The RIPE NCC has published a section on its website that provides background information on the IANA functions, the role of stewardship of IANA and the RIPE NCC’s relationship to IANA.
- RIPE NCC Annual Report 2013
The RIPE NCC Annual Report 2013, including the Financial Report 2013, is now available.
- SEE 3 RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Report
The third South East Europe (SEE 3) RIPE NCC Regional Meeting took place from 14-15 April in Sofia, Bulgaria, attracting more than 200 participants from around the region.
- IPv6 in Mobile Networks
- RIPE NCC Amsterdam Office Opening Hours During Easter 2014
RIPE NCC Amsterdam office opening hours during Easter 2014
- IPv6 on the Agenda at WTDC 2014
The RIPE NCC, representatives of the other Regional Internet Registries, ITU Member States and Sector Members took part in the International Telecommunication Union’s World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC-14) this past fortnight in Dubai, UAE.