News and Announcements
- RIPE NCC and EuroDIG: Open Call for Input
EuroDIG, the European Dialogue on Internet Governance, is an open forum that meets annually to discuss Internet governance issues of relevance to Internet stakeholders in Europe. EuroDIG 2015 will take place from 4-5 June 2015 in Sofia, Bulgaria. What issues do you think should be on the agenda?
- RIPE NCC Regional Meeting in Tehran
- ITU Plenipotentiary 2014: RIPE NCC Report
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Plenipotentiary 2014 (PP-14) took place over three weeks in Busan, South Korea, from 20 October to 7 November. RIPE NCC staff attended the conference, alongside colleagues in the Internet technical community, and welcome the overall outcome of the event.
- Launching the RIPE NCC Academy
The RIPE NCC is pleased to announce the launch of the RIPE NCC Academy, a virtual learning environment that allows you to take courses and obtain certificates online.
- RIPE Community Selects CRISP Team Members
Following an open call for community volunteers, the RIPE Chair, Hans Petter Holen, has confirmed the appointment of two individuals from the RIPE community to the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship (CRISP) team.
- Wilfried Woeber Appointed to NRO NC
Wilfried Woeber was appointed to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) by the RIPE NCC Executive Board.
- Archived: RIPE NCC General Meeting November 2014
The RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) was held 5-7 November 2014 adjacent to the RIPE 69 Meeting in London.
- ICANN 51: Continuing Global Discussion of IANA Stewardship and ICANN Accountability
The 51st ICANN meeting was held in Los Angeles, USA, from 11-16 October 2014, with questions surrounding the IANA stewardship transition and the accountability of ICANN driving much of the agenda.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Member Update: Issue 28
The RIPE NCC Member Update: Issue 28 is available for download.
- Archived: The RIPE NCC Disables SSLv3 Encryption For Its Services
The RIPE NCC disabled SSLv3 encryption for most of its services following a report last week about a bug that allows an attacker to compromise the encryption under certain conditions.