News and Announcements
- RIPE NCC Receives /14 from IANA's Recovered IPv4 Pool
Yesterday, on 2 September 2015, the RIPE NCC and other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) were each allocated a /14 of IPv4 address space from the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). The RIPE NCC received the IPv4 address ranges 188.8.131.52/15, 184.108.40.206/16 and 152.89/16. We are currently adding this to our available pool.
- Archived: NRO NC Election 2015: Call for Nominations
This is a call for nominations from the RIPE NCC service region to fill one vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC).
- Dr. Rob Blokzijl Receives Prestigious Jonathan B. Postel Service Award
Dr. Rob Blokzijl, founding member and Chairman Emeritus of RIPE, received the Jonathan B. Postel Service Award today during a ceremony at the 93rd IETF Meeting in Prague.
- Archived: Pre-November 2011 MD5 Passwords for Maintainer Objects Removed on 13 July 2015
On Monday 13 July, the RIPE NCC removed all RIPE Database maintainer MD5 passwords that had not been changed since November 2011.
- Archived: 100th and 101st RIPE NCC Executive Board Meetings
The RIPE NCC Executive Board held its 100th meeting on 15 May 2015 and its 101st meeting on 16 June 2015.
- 13 July is Deadline to Update Pre-Nov 2011 MD5 Passwords for MNTNR Objects
Updating old MD5 hashes in RIPE Database
- Archived: ICANN 53: Another Milestone in the IANA Stewardship Transition Process
The IANA stewardship transition process reached an important milestone during the recent ICANN 53 meeting (21-25 June in Buenos Aires, Argentina), with all three of the IANA operational communities now having submitted their responses to the Request For Proposals issued last year by the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG).
- ENOG 9 / RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Highlights
ENOG 9 Meeting Report
- Archived: Finnish IPv6 Launch Event on 8 June in Helsinki, Finland
On Tuesday, 8 June 2015, Viestintävirasto, the Finnish telecommunications regulator, hosted a seminar on the launch of IPv6 in Finland.
- EuroDIG 2015: RIPE NCC Report
EuroDIG, the European Dialogue on Internet Governance, held its seventh annual meeting in Sofia, Bulgaria on 4-5 June 2015, attracting around 500 participants for two days of wide-ranging Internet governance discussions.