News and Announcements
- Archived: RIPE NCC Security Report on "Shellshock" Bash Shell Bug
The RIPE NCC is highly committed to protecting our IT infrastructure and safeguarding our members' data. This week, a bug exploiting a serious security vulnerability in the Bash shell, called Shellshock, was published. This bug affected millions of computer systems.
- Draft RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2015
On 24 September 2014, the RIPE NCC published the Draft RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2015 for members to review.
- RIPE NCC Launches General Meeting Registration Through LIR Portal
The RIPE NCC launched General Meeting registration for voting and attendance for the November 2014 meeting
- ENOG 8/RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Highlights
ENOG 8/RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Report
- RIPE NCC Survey 2013 Key Findings and Results
The RIPE NCC has published a document detailing the actions taken in response to the RIPE NCC Survey 2013.
- RIPE NCC Report on IGF 2014
The ninth annual Internet Governance Forum (IGF) concluded on Friday, 5 September, in Istanbul, Turkey. The five days of wide-ranging Internet governance discussions attracted nearly 2,500 on-site participants, with more than 1,000 more online.
- RIPE NCC Receives Another Allocation from IANA's Recovered IPv4 Pool
On 2 September 2014, the RIPE NCC and other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) each received the equivalent of a /12 of IPv4 address space from the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). The RIPE NCC was allocated the IPv4 address range 188.8.131.52/12, which will be added to our available pool.
- RIPE NCC Re-affirms Commitment to Operate K-root Name Server
The RIPE NCC has been providing DNS root name service at k.root-servers.net since 1997. As the global Internet community considers changes to the NTIA oversight of key DNS functions, the RIPE NCC wishes to assure the Internet community that our commitment to providing this service and to coordinating appropriately with ICANN and the other root server operators will not be affected by the outcome of these discussions.
- How is IPv4 Like a VCR?
- The RIPE NCC Assists ARIN Testing