News and Announcements
- Archived: Closure of LIR and Deregistration of Internet Number Resources
The RIPE NCC, after receiving feedback from the RIPE community on the draft version, has published the procedural RIPE Document ripe-517, "Closure of LIR and Deregistration of Internet Number Resources"
- Archived: RIPE 62: Registration Now Open
Online registration is now open for RIPE 62, taking place from 2-6 May 2011 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Archived: IN-ADDR.ARPA Zone Transfer Complete
The RIPE NCC, together with the other four RIRs and ICANN, completed the transition of the technical management function for the in-addr.arpa zone from ARIN to ICANN.
- Archived: New www.ripe.net
On Wednesday, 9 February 2011, the RIPE NCC launched this updated version of our website. The new site has been redesigned to provide a clearer structure, improved navigation and more efficient ways to interact with the multimedia resources and tools provided by the RIPE NCC.
- Archived: IPv4 Exhaustion: RIPE NCC Update
The IANA IPv4 free pool was exhausted today, 3 February 2011. Each of the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) has now received one of the final five /8s. The RIPE NCC has been allocated 185/8.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Receives Final /8 of IPv4 Address Space from IANA
In accordance with ripe-436, "Global Policy for the Allocation of the Remaining IPv4 Address Space", the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has today allocated the final five /8 blocks of IPv4 address space to the five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs).
- Archived: IANA Allocates Two /8s of IPv4 Space to APNIC
- Archived: RIPE NCC Resource Certification Service Launch
The RIPE NCC is proud to announce the production launch of the RIPE NCC resource certification service.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Launches Internet Resource Certification Service
Regional Internet Registries Spearhead Initiative to Improve Internet Routing Stability
- Archived: Implementation of RIPE Policy Proposal 2007-01: Phase Three
Phase Three of the policy implementation "Contractual Requirements for Provider Independent Resource Holders in the RIPE NCC Service Region" (2007-01) is scheduled to begin in mid-January 2011.