News and Announcements
- Archived: RIPE NCC Launches Internet Resource Certification Service
Regional Internet Registries Spearhead Initiative to Improve Internet Routing Stability
- Archived: Implementation of RIPE Policy Proposal 2007-01: Phase Three
Phase Three of the policy implementation "Contractual Requirements for Provider Independent Resource Holders in the RIPE NCC Service Region" (2007-01) is scheduled to begin in mid-January 2011.
- Archived: RIPE 61 - Meeting Report
RIPE Chair Rob Blokzijl opened the RIPE 61 Meeting, welcomed the attendees to Rome and mentioned that this would be the last RIPE Meeting before the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) runs out of IPv4 addresses.
- Archived: Report from the November 2010 RIPE NCC General Meeting
The RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) November 2010 was held Wednesday, 17 November, adjacent to the RIPE 61 Meeting, at the Westin Excelsior Hotel in Rome.
- Archived: Hans Petter Holen Elected to RIPE Seat on NRO NC
We are pleased to announce that Hans Petter Holen has been selected by the RIPE community to take the vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC).
- Archived: Assignment of IPv6 PI to the RIPE NCC
In line with the procedure set out in RIPE Document ripe-476 - Allocating/Assigning Resources to the RIPE NCC,- the RIPE NCC asked to assign an IPv6 PI assignment to itself for their infrastructure.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Moscow Sets Precedent for Internet Community in Russia, CIS and Eastern Europe
Internet community to create regional forum for Russia, CIS and Eastern Europe.
- Archived: Experimental RIS Announcements: RIPE NCC Internal Procedures Amended
On Friday, 27 August 2010, the RIPE NCC was involved in an experiment that lead to an unexpected impact on Internet operations.
- Archived: 2007-01 - Phase 3 Draft Procedures & Call For Feedback
As announced during the RIPE NCC Services Working Group session at RIPE 60, the RIPE NCC will provide the RIPE community with a draft procedure for Phase 3 of the policy implementation for "Contractual Requirements for Provider Independent Resource Holders in the RIPE NCC Service Region".
- Archived: Signing of the Root Zone Represents Milestone in DNS Security
The RIPE NCC announces today that the Internet has reached an important milestone with the publication of the root zone key tonight between 19:30 - 22:30 UTC. This key enables the widespread deployment of the Domain Name Server Security Extensions (DNSSEC) protocol, which the RIPE NCC has been supporting for almost two decades.