News and Announcements
- Archived: Assignment of IPv6 PI to the RIPE NCC
In line with the procedure set out in RIPE Document ripe-476 - Allocating/Assigning Resources to the RIPE NCC,- the RIPE NCC asked to assign an IPv6 PI assignment to itself for their infrastructure.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Moscow Sets Precedent for Internet Community in Russia, CIS and Eastern Europe
Internet community to create regional forum for Russia, CIS and Eastern Europe.
- Archived: Experimental RIS Announcements: RIPE NCC Internal Procedures Amended
On Friday, 27 August 2010, the RIPE NCC was involved in an experiment that lead to an unexpected impact on Internet operations.
- Archived: 2007-01 - Phase 3 Draft Procedures & Call For Feedback
As announced during the RIPE NCC Services Working Group session at RIPE 60, the RIPE NCC will provide the RIPE community with a draft procedure for Phase 3 of the policy implementation for "Contractual Requirements for Provider Independent Resource Holders in the RIPE NCC Service Region".
- Archived: Signing of the Root Zone Represents Milestone in DNS Security
The RIPE NCC announces today that the Internet has reached an important milestone with the publication of the root zone key tonight between 19:30 - 22:30 UTC. This key enables the widespread deployment of the Domain Name Server Security Extensions (DNSSEC) protocol, which the RIPE NCC has been supporting for almost two decades.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Brings DNS Security Extensions to Europe to Make the Internet Safer for Users
Global initiative by the Internet community aims to protect users against phishing and other online scams
- Archived: RIPE Labs 2.0 is Now Live
In the year since its launch, RIPE Labs has grown into a dynamic resource that allows the RIPE community to present and discuss new Internet-related tools and ideas.
- Archived: Reduction in IPv4 Allocation/Assignment Time Period
- Archived: RIPE Community Statement on the Internet Address Management System
- Archived: Rob Blokzijl Receives Royal Recognition for his Work as an Internet Pioneer
Dr. Rob Blokzijl, founding member and Chair of RIPE (Réseaux IP Européens), was made an Officer in the Order of Orange Nassau (Orde van Oranje Nassau) in an official ceremony conducted by the acting Mayor of Amsterdam, Lodewijk Asscher, on 12 May 2010.