News and Announcements
- Archived: RIPE NCC Listing Service: Streamlining Resource Transfers
As described in section 5.5 of RIPE policy, ripe-524 "Address Allocation and Assignment Policies for the RIPE NCC Service Region", RIPE NCC members are able to transfer Internet number resources to another member after RIPE NCC approval and based on demonstrated need.
- Archived: Verify your LIR Portal email address before 17 October 2011
We are in the process of rolling out RIPE NCC Access. This will enable you to access various RIPE NCC services using just one password instead of having to sign in to each tool or service separately.
- Archived: Launch of RIPE NCC Access
To improve the usability of our services, we are deploying a new user account system called RIPE NCC Access. It will allow you to use a single set of credentials to access most of our services. This means that all users of our various services will be asked to migrate or update their current login credentials to a new scheme, using your email address and a password of your choice.
- Archived: Web-based ROA Repository now public
The RIPE NCC ROA Repository holds all of the Route Origin Authorisation objects created by the network operators using our Resource Certification service. ROAs state which Autonomous Systems are authorised to originate the prefixes an LIR holds. The repository currently contains over 350 ROAs covering more than 220,000 IPv4 /24 prefixes, which is almost 10% of the IPv4 address space registered in the RIPE region.
- Archived: RIPE 63 Meeting - Registration Open
Registration is now open for the RIPE 63 Meeting in Vienna.
- Archived: Internet Community Gathers in Dubrovnik to Discuss Regional and Global Issues
First RIPE NCC Regional Meeting in South East Europe to take place in Dubrovnik from 6th – 9th September 2011
- Archived: New feature: Comparing certified resources to BGP routing
The power of the Resource Certification system lies within the fact that you can always be sure that a valid Route Origin Authorisation (ROA), stating which Autonomous System (AS) is authorised to originate a certain prefix, can only be created by the legitimate holder of the address space. In addition, our aim to make the data set as complete and well maintained as possible.
- Archived: New E-Learning Videos on RIPE Database Now Available
- Archived: Launch of the Local Certification Service
The RIPE NCC Resource Certification (RPKI) Service was launched on 1 January 2011. Since then, over 570 LIRs have generated a digital certificate in the LIR Portal, listing their Internet number resources. In addition, most LIRs have used it to specify their routing policy through Route Origin Authorisations (ROAs), indicating which Autonomous Systems are authorised to originate the prefixes they hold.
- Archived: Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey 2011