News and Announcements
- RIPE Chair Dr. Rob Blokzijl Announces Retirement
On 18 October 2013, Dr. Rob Blokzijl, the founding member and Chair of RIPE, announced that he would step down as RIPE Chair at the conclusion of the RIPE 68 Meeting in Warsaw in May 2014.
- RIPE NCC General Meeting October 2013
The RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) was held 16-17 October 2013 adjacent to the RIPE 67 Meeting in Athens. There were 97 attendees, excluding RIPE NCC staff and observers from the other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs).
- Expansion of Eligible Address Space for Resource Certification (RPKI)
All address space transferred to the RIPE NCC by other RIRs is now eligible for Resource Certification (RPKI).
- RIPE NCC Awards Youth Fellowships to Internet Governance Forum
As part of an ongoing effort to increase youth participation in the global dialogue about Internet governance, the RIPE NCC offers fellowships that allow young people from the RIPE NCC service region to attend regional Internet Governance Forums (IGFs). Thanks to these fellowships, Thijl Klerkx (19) from the Netherlands and Ana Kakalashvili (20) from Georgia attended the second Arab IGF, which took place this week in Algeria.
- RIPE NCC Member Update October 2013
The RIPE NCC Member Update October 2013 is now online.
- Draft RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2014
The Draft RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2014 is now available for members to review.
- Results of RIPE NCC Survey 2013
The Oxford Internet Institute (OII) report on the results of the RIPE NCC Survey 2013 is now published. The full report also contains the raw data with all statistics and responses to open questions.
- Archived: 90th Executive Board Meeting - Summary and Minutes
The RIPE NCC Executive Board held its 90th meeting on 27 August 2013.
- Archived: RIPE NCC Roundtable Meeting Discusses IETF, Internet Security and RIPE Policy Development
The RIPE NCC hosted a Roundtable Meeting for Governments and Regulators on Tuesday, 10 September 2013, in Amsterdam, bringing together around 30 participants from governments, regulators and the Internet technical community.
- Archived: Netnod Selected to Host RIPE NCC "Warm Node"
On 1 July 2013, the RIPE NCC issued a call for organisations willing to host a "warm node" able operate some of the RIPE NCC's critical services in case of a major disaster in the Amsterdam area. In response, we received expressions of interest from 88 organisations, of which 22 submitted a full Request for Proposal (RFP).