News and Announcements
- The RIPE NCC Welcomes 10,000th Member
On 18 February 2014, the RIPE NCC welcomed its 10,000th member into the association.
- RIPE NCC Member Update January 2014
The RIPE NCC Member Update January 2014 is now online
- RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2014
We are pleased to announce that the RIPE NCC's Activity Plan and Budget for 2014 is now available online.
- 91st Executive Board Meeting - Summary and Minutes
The RIPE NCC Executive Board held its 91st meeting on 12 December 2013.
- NCC Survey 2013 - Key Findings and Proposed Actions
The RIPE NCC has released a document outlining the key findings from the RIPE NCC Survey 2013 and the actions it proposes to take to address the issues highlighted by RIPE NCC members and other interested parties.
- RIPE NCC Report on the 2013 IGF
The eighth Internet Governance Forum (IGF) took place in Bali, Indonesia from 22-25 October 2013. The event brought together more than 1,500 people from 111 countries to discuss the future of Internet governance under this year’s theme of “Building Bridges – Enhancing Multi-stakeholder Cooperation for Growth and Sustainable Development.”
- RIPE Chair Dr. Rob Blokzijl Announces Retirement
On 18 October 2013, Dr. Rob Blokzijl, the founding member and Chair of RIPE, announced that he would step down as RIPE Chair at the conclusion of the RIPE 68 Meeting in Warsaw in May 2014.
- RIPE NCC General Meeting October 2013
The RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) was held 16-17 October 2013 adjacent to the RIPE 67 Meeting in Athens. There were 97 attendees, excluding RIPE NCC staff and observers from the other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs).
- Expansion of Eligible Address Space for Resource Certification (RPKI)
All address space transferred to the RIPE NCC by other RIRs is now eligible for Resource Certification (RPKI).
- RIPE NCC Awards Youth Fellowships to Internet Governance Forum
As part of an ongoing effort to increase youth participation in the global dialogue about Internet governance, the RIPE NCC offers fellowships that allow young people from the RIPE NCC service region to attend regional Internet Governance Forums (IGFs). Thanks to these fellowships, Thijl Klerkx (19) from the Netherlands and Ana Kakalashvili (20) from Georgia attended the second Arab IGF, which took place this week in Algeria.