News: Industry Developments
- Call for Comments for a Draft Internet Number Community Review Committee Charter
On 22 June 2015, the NRO published a draft of the Internet Number Community Review Committee Charter for public comment.
- Finnish IPv6 Launch Event on 8 June in Helsinki, Finland
On Tuesday, 8 June 2015, Viestintävirasto, the Finnish telecommunications regulator, hosted a seminar on the launch of IPv6 in Finland.
- EuroDIG 2015: RIPE NCC Report
EuroDIG, the European Dialogue on Internet Governance, held its seventh annual meeting in Sofia, Bulgaria on 4-5 June 2015, attracting around 500 participants for two days of wide-ranging Internet governance discussions.
- Report on the WSIS Forum 2015
More than 1,500 people gathered in Geneva, Switzerland, from 25-29 May for the tenth annual WSIS (World Summit on the Information Society) Forum.
- Call for Comments for a Draft SLA for the IANA Numbering Services
On 15 January, 2015, the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) Team submitted the Internet Numbers Community Proposal to the request for proposals issued by the IANA Stewardship Coordination Group (ICG).
- Report on the Global Conference on Cyberspace (GCCS) 2015
Report on Global Conference on Cyberspace (GCCS) 2015
- Report on the 2015 Russian IGF
The sixth annual Russian Internet Governance Forum (IGF) was held on 7 April 2015 in Moscow, Russia. The meeting attracted over 500 participants and focused on Internet governance and regulation, as well as the technical, political and economic aspects of ICT development.
- Meeting with Law Enforcement Agencies
Meeting with Law Enforcement Agencies 2015
- NRO News
- IANA Stewardship and ICANN Accountability Dominate ICANN 52 Discussions
The 52nd ICANN meeting was held in Singapore from 8-12 February, attracting around 1800 participants on-site, as well as numerous remote participants. The issues surrounding ICANN accountability and the transition of IANA stewardship were again at the top of the agenda, and RIPE community members and RIPE NCC staff contributed to these discussions.