- RIPE NCC Receives a /13 from IANA's Recovered IPv4 Pool
On 2 March 2015, the RIPE NCC and other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) each received the equivalent of a /13 of IPv4 address space from the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). The RIPE NCC was allocated the IPv4 address range 188.8.131.52/13, which will be added to our available pool.
- Call for Nominations for RIPE NCC Executive Board
At the RIPE NCC General Meeting on 13 May 2015, an election will take place to fill two seats on the RIPE NCC Executive Board.
- RIPE NCC Consultations Report 2015
From November 2014 to January 2015, the RIPE NCC enlisted independent consultants to carry out interviews with RIPE NCC members and other interested parties in the RIPE community. The aim of these consultations was to check on our progress since the RIPE NCC Survey 2013 and to identify issues that our community would like us to address.
- IANA Stewardship: Give Feedback on the Draft Proposal From the RIR Communities
The Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) team has published the first draft of an Internet numbers community proposal for the future of the IANA stewardship.
- RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2015
The RIPE NCC is pleased to announce that the RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2015 is now available.
- RIPE Community Selects CRISP Team Members
Following an open call for community volunteers, the RIPE Chair, Hans Petter Holen, has confirmed the appointment of two individuals from the RIPE community to the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship (CRISP) team.
- Wilfried Woeber Appointed to NRO NC
Wilfried Woeber was appointed to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) by the RIPE NCC Executive Board.
- ICANN 51: Continuing Global Discussion of IANA Stewardship and ICANN Accountability
The 51st ICANN meeting was held in Los Angeles, USA, from 11-16 October 2014, with questions surrounding the IANA stewardship transition and the accountability of ICANN driving much of the agenda.
- IANA Stewardship: Draft RIPE Proposal Published
An initial working draft of the RIPE community proposal on IANA stewardship has been posted to the RIPE Cooperation Working Group mailing list.
- Updated Registrations For Two Legacy /8 IPv4 Address Blocks
As part of our ongoing efforts to maintain and improve the accuracy of the RIPE Registry, we have updated the registrations concerning two legacy /8 IPv4 address blocks: 53/8 and 57/8.