91st Executive Board Meeting - Summary and Minutes
The RIPE NCC Executive Board held its 91st meeting on 12 December 2013.
The are now available, as are the minutes of all Executive Board meetings.
The Executive Board publishes the minutes of its meetings so that the RIPE NCC membership and the RIPE community will be up to date with the Board's thinking and ideas on all RIPE NCC-related matters.
The following is a summary of the main items from the 91st Executive Board meeting. Further detail is available in the:
- The Executive Board approved the final version of the RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2014, which details the RIPE NCC's planned activities and associated costs for the upcoming year. The Executive Board encourages all members to read this document.
- The Executive Board discussed the RIPE NCC reserve levels and decided to lower the fees over time and reduce the surplus
- The Executive Board reviewed a RIPE NCC workflow document that outlines the approval of RIPE NCC procedures. The board approved the document and asked the RIPE NCC to publish it for the RIPE NCC membership and RIPE community.
- The RIPE NCC reported that it was seeking a more suitable office location. The board supports this initiative and asked the RIPE NCC to report back when a property was identified for the board to review.
- The Executive Board gave feedback on a draft job description for RIPE NCC Executive Board members. The board will work with the RIPE NCC on further defining the roles of Executive Board members.
- The Executive Board approved a one-time contribution of USD 50K to ensure the continued survival of the Internet Protocol Journal.
- The Executive Board approved that the RIPE NCC should execute the registry function for LISP.
- The Executive Board commended the RIPE NCC for publishing the action plan resulting from the RIPE NCC Survey 2013 and asked the RIPE NCC to provide updates on progress made with the actions.