Casting Votes at the GM
Voting on General Meeting Resolutions
RIPE NCC members will vote on at the RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) on 26 September. Members will cast their votes either electronically or using paper ballots. Instructions on casting votes using both methods are provided.
Below are samples of the paper ballots to be used at the RIPE NCC General Meeting on 26 September 2012. The samples show examples of valid and invalid votes.
Please note the following to ensure your vote is cast correctly for all resolutions:
- Collect your meeting pack and voting slips from 10:00 - 16:00 on Wednesday, 26 September.
- There are three resolutions (numbers 1 - 3 below) - you should cast a vote for all three of these resolutions.
- To cast your vote, mark only one checkbox for each resolution. Ensure your mark is inside the relevant box.
- When the Chairman of the Executive Board announces that the voting period is open, hand your completed ballot to one of the vote collectors in the room.
Members who have chosen to vote electronically will receive an email with a link to the voting page prior to the GM. These members will vote on the three resolutions.
To ensure your electronic vote is correctly recorded, please note the following:
- The link to the voting pages that you receive by email will only become active when the Chairman of the Executive Board announces that the voting period has begun.
- Once the link is active, you will be able to access the first resolution. Select your chosen option (Yes, No or Abstain) and click Confirm.
- Once you have confirmed your selection, you will be presented with the second resolution. Follow the same process as for the first resolution. You will then be presented with the third resolution. Again, follow the process in the same way.
- You will receive an email receipt confirming that your votes have been recorded for each resolution.
Members voting electronically can follow the GM remotely on the.
The Chairman of the Executive Board will announce the results of the voting in the Main Room at 15:45 (UTC +2) on Thursday, 27 September. Those members who attended the GM in person can attend the announcement but they must bring their GM badges in order to gain entry.
The announcement will also be available from the Remote Participation page.