On behalf of the RIPE NCC Executive Board, I would like to invite you to the RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM), which will take from October 16-17 2013 at the Athenaeum Hotel in Athens, Greece. The GM takes place alongside the RIPE 67 Meeting, which runs from 14-18 October.
Registration to attend the GM is now open:
Please complete the registration process as soon as possible. Please be aware that you need to register for the GM separately from RIPE 67 Meeting registration.
About the October GM
At the GM, RIPE NCC members will discuss the Draft RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2014, which will be published on 18 September 2013.
This is an excellent opportunity for members to give their input into the activities and services provided by the RIPE NCC. The RIPE NCC Executive Board will take the feedback from the GM and use it to finalise the Activity Plan and Budget, which will be published in December. RIPE NCC members will be able to give their feedback in person at the GM or via the remote participation options.
The GM is also when the RIPE NCC membership votes on resolutions affecting the corporate governance of the RIPE NCC. The Executive Board is planning to propose resolutions for this GM and they will be published in detail by 18 September 2013.
The GM will consist of three parts:
- The RIPE NCC Services Working Group will begin at 16:00 (UTC +3) on Wednesday, 16 October and will include the presentation of the Reports from the RIPE NCC. These reports make up the first part of the GM. This part of the GM is open to everyone.
- The second part of the GM takes place immediately after and is open to RIPE NCC members only. This is where members discuss the operations and activities of the RIPE NCC, and vote on any resolutions to be passed.
- The third part of the GM takes place at 15:45 (UTC +3) on Thursday, 17 October. This part of the GM is a simple announcement of the results of voting on resolutions from the Chairman of the RIPE NCC Executive Board.
Voting at the GM
All full members (having membership status for more than six months) are entitled to vote at the GM. There are two options for voting:
- Paper ballot (if you attend the GM in person)
- Electronic voting (for those who attend in person and those who participate remotely)
Full details on how to register to vote are available at:
If you wish to be represented at the GM by a third party, not being an authorised employee or director, please fill out the proxy form and send it to us by 2 October 2013. Any proxy sent to us after this date will not be valid. The proxy form is available to download at:
If you have any questions about the RIPE NCC General Meeting, or the issues that will be discussed at the meeting, please contact agm at ripe.net.