The RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM) May 2008 was held on Wednesday, 7 May 2008. The GM was held adjacent to the RIPE 56 Meeting, which took place from 5-9 May 2008 at the Hotel Palace in Berlin, Germany.
There were 111 attendees excluding RIPE NCC staff and observers from the other Regional Internet Registries.
The list of registered attendees is available online.
RIPE NCC Financial Status 2007-2008
Janos Zsako, Treasurer of the RIPE NCC Executive Board, presented the attendees with:
- The RIPE NCC Financial Report 2007
- A report on the financial status of the organisation during the first quarter of 2008
- The financial outlook for the rest of 2008
Kees Neggers, Chairman of the Executive Board, presented the attendees with the Update from the Executive Board.
The following resolutions were voted on at the General Meeting:
- Adoption of the 2007 Financial Report of the RIPE NCC
- Discharge of the Executive Board with regard to its actions as they appear from the Annual Report
- Approval of the addition of Jaap Akkerhuis, Olaf Kolkman and Remko van Mook to the RIPE NCC Arbitration Pool
These resolutions were accepted with one abstention to the discharge of the Executive Board.
Executive Board Election
An election for two three-year seats previously held by Kees Neggers and Jim Reid took place. The seven candidates were:
- Fahad AlShirawi
- Joao Damas
- Ian Meikle
- Kees Neggers
- Jim Reid
- Max Tulyev
- Andreas Wittkemper
The members voted as follows:
Fahad AlShirawi was accepted into seat one.
Andreas Wittkemper was accepted into the second seat.