RIPE Discussion List

[ripe-list] RIPE Code of Conduct - Call for volunteers

User Image

Mirjam Kühne

2020-09-08 14:43:29 CET

Dear colleagues,

The Diversity Task Force has put a lot of work into updating the current RIPE Code of Conduct. They put together a series of draft documents that were then reviewed by the community. The most recent version 3.0 can be found here:
https://www.ripe.net/participate/meetings/ripe-meetings/ripe-meeting-code-of-conduct-3-0-draft

During the RIPE 80 community plenary, Hans Petter Holen described what he views as the best way forward to finalize the updated RIPE Code of Conduct and we would like to follow the process he laid out during his presentation.

The main idea is to split the current draft document into three individual documents and to review each of them separately:
1. The Code of Conduct
2. The selection of the Trusted Contacts or Code of Conduct team
3. Procedures for the team

We are now looking for volunteers to finalize this set of documents. During RIPE 80 three community members already offered their help. If you are still interested, please let us know. This of course also applies to anyone who would like to help and has not yet put their name forward. Please contact us before 15 September 2020.

————
More Background and current status:

The existing RIPE Code of Conduct and the Trusted Contacts:
https://ripe81.ripe.net/attend/coc/

Draft 3.0 of the new RIPE Code of Conduct:
https://www.ripe.net/participate/meetings/ripe-meetings/ripe-meeting-code-of-conduct-3-0-draft

During the last review round, the RIPE NCC conducted an impact analysis that can be found here:
https://www.ripe.net/participate/meetings/ripe-meetings/impact-analysis-for-ripe-meeting-code-of-conduct-3-0-draft

The relevant part of Hans Petter’s presentation at RIPE 80:
https://ripe80.ripe.net/archives/video/384/
https://ripe80.ripe.net/wp-content/uploads/presentations/58-RIPE-Code-of-Conduct.pdf

Kind regards,
Mirjam & Niall
===========

P.S.: I (Mirjam) used to be one of the trusted contacts together with Rob Evans and Vesna Manojlovic, but stepped down from this position when I started my new role as RIPE Chair.

User Image

Leo Vegoda

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 5:44 AM Mirjam Kühne <mir _at_ zu-hause _dot_ nl> wrote:

[...]

> During the RIPE 80 community plenary, Hans Petter Holen described what he views as the best way forward to finalize the updated RIPE Code of Conduct and we would like to follow the process he laid out during his presentation.
>
> The main idea is to split the current draft document into three individual documents and to review each of them separately:
> 1. The Code of Conduct
> 2. The selection of the Trusted Contacts or Code of Conduct team
> 3. Procedures for the team
>
> We are now looking for volunteers to finalize this set of documents. During RIPE 80 three community members already offered their help. If you are still interested, please let us know. This of course also applies to anyone who would like to help and has not yet put their name forward. Please contact us before 15 September 2020.

I volunteered for this at the meeting and am renewing my offer now.

Kind regards,

Leo