You are here: Home > Participate > Join a Discussion > RIPE Forum > RIPE Atlas > [atlas] API Keys problem?
RIPE Forum v1.4

RIPE Atlas

[atlas] API Keys problem?

Daniel Ankers

Has there been a change in the way that API keys work for the measurement
results API?

I've got an API key which is granted permission to get results from a
non-public measurement.  When I do:

curl -H "Authorization: Key $KEY" "
https://atlas.ripe.net/api/v2/measurements/$MEASUREMENT/results/?start=
1520510400"

(Replacing $KEY with the key and $MEASUREMENT with the measurement ID) I
get:

{"error":{"status":400,"errors":[{"source":{"pointer":""},"detail":"Your
keys has no grants"}],"code":102,"detail":"There was a problem with your
request","title":"Bad Request"}}

This was previously working, but I'm not sure exactly when it stopped.
I've checked that getting the data through my browser works while I'm
logged into the site, and that if I request
https://atlas.ripe.net/api/v2/measurements/$MEASUREMENT/latest using the
API key I get data returned.

Regards,
Dan
User Image

Grzegorz Ponikierski A

2018-03-08 18:30:06 CET

Hi!

I had the same issue 28th Feb. I had to add 'probes - Get non-public measurement results' to my API key to fix it.

Regards,
Grzegorz

From: Daniel Ankers <md1clv _at_ md1clv _dot_ com>
Date: Thursday 2018-03-08 at 18:27
To: "ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net" <ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net>
Subject: [atlas] API Keys problem?

Hi,
[...]

Marcel Flores

2018-03-08 18:33:55 CET

We had a similar issue on 28th Feb -- though I think our error was that
there were no grants on the key (it had been working for months, showed
fine on the UI). I just made a new key and had no issue after.

-m

--
*Marcel Flores, PhD* | Research Scientist
VerizonDigitalMedia.com | AS15133

Daniel Ankers

2018-03-08 18:36:53 CET

Hi Grzegorz,

"probes - Get non-public measurement results" is exactly what was needed -
thank you!

Regards,
Dan

On 8 March 2018 at 17:30, Ponikierski, Grzegorz <gponikie _at_ akamai _dot_ com> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> I had the same issue 28th Feb. I had to add 'probes - Get non-public
> measurement results' to my API key to fix it.
>

> Regards,
>
> Grzegorz
>

> *From: *Daniel Ankers <md1clv _at_ md1clv _dot_ com>
> *Date: *Thursday 2018-03-08 at 18:27
> *To: *"ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net" <ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net>
> *Subject: *[atlas] API Keys problem?
>

> Hi,
>
> Has there been a change in the way that API keys work for the measurement
> results API?
>

> I've got an API key which is granted permission to get results from a
> non-public measurement.  When I do:
>

> curl -H "Authorization: Key $KEY" "https://atlas.ripe.net/api/
> v2/measurements/$MEASUREMENT/results/?start=
>
> 1520510400"
>

> (Replacing $KEY with the key and $MEASUREMENT with the measurement ID) I
> get:
>

> {"error":{"status":400,"errors":[{"source":{"pointer":""},"detail":"Your
> keys has no grants"}],"code":102,"detail":"There was a problem with your
> request","title":"Bad Request"}}
>

> This was previously working, but I'm not sure exactly when it stopped.
> I've checked that getting the data through my browser works while I'm
> logged into the site, and that if I request https://atlas.ripe.
> net/api/v2/measurements/$MEASUREMENT/latest
>
> using the API key I get data returned.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dan

User Image

Grzegorz Ponikierski A

2018-03-08 18:40:23 CET

Glad to hear that :)

It was strange to me because I already had 'measurements - Get results from a non-public measurements' which worked fine. So now I have:

'measurements - Get results from a non-public measurements'
'probes - Get non-public measurement results'

It looks quite redundant for me but it works :)

Regards,
Grzegorz

From: Daniel Ankers <md1clv _at_ md1clv _dot_ commd1clv _at_ md1clv _dot_ com>>
Date: Thursday 2018-03-08 at 18:27
To: "ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ netripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net>" <ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ netripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net>>

Hi,
[...]

Viktor Naoumov

There was a bug allowing to get non-public built-in results from
non-public probes. Therefore probes must be added to the key you want to
get access to. Now it is fixed and lead to adding probes to 'probes -
Get non-public measurement results' API key.

Sorry for the hassle.

wbr
/vty