This mailing list interface will be retired once we upgrade our mailing list system. Click here to use the new RIPE NCC Forum.

RIPE Atlas

[atlas] Unknown probe in my account

User Image

Giuseppe Macario

2022-11-26 18:41:32 CET

Hello everyone, I have a probe that works properly but, a few weeks ago, my
account also started to show a probe that doesn't work and that I don't
know. I contacted atlas @ripe.net to ask for clarification but I didn't get
anything (apart from a semi-automated message). So could anyone delete this
unknown probe? https://atlas.ripe.net/probes/63078/ Thank you.
User Image

Simon Brandt

2022-11-26 21:09:06 CET

Hi Giuseppe,

it's one of the new v5 probes. The RIPE Atlas team was not able to send out new probes for a while, due to a shortage of new probes.
Did you apply for a new probe some time ago?

New probes are currently being shipped. If you are about to receive a new probe, you can already see it in your userprofile, even before it arrives.

BR,
Simon

On 26.11.22 18:41, Giuseppe Macario wrote:
> Hello everyone, I have a probe that works properly but, a few weeks ago, my account also started to show a probe that doesn't work and that I don't know. I contacted atlas @ripe.net  to ask for clarification but I didn't get anything (apart from a semi-automated message). So could anyone delete this unknown probe? https://atlas.ripe.net/probes/63078/ Thank you.

User Image

Giuseppe Macario

2022-11-26 21:29:58 CET

My working probe is https://atlas.ripe.net/probes/55083/
So, if I understand correctly, am I receiving a new probe?

Il giorno sab 26 nov 2022 alle ore 21:11 Simon Brandt via ripe-atlas <
ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net> ha scritto:

> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> it's one of the new v5 probes. The RIPE Atlas team was not able to send
> out new probes for a while, due to a shortage of new probes.
> Did you apply for a new probe some time ago?
>
> New probes are currently being shipped. If you are about to receive a new
> probe, you can already see it in your userprofile, even before it arrives.

User Image

Simon Brandt

2022-11-26 21:40:30 CET

Hi Giuseppe,

Did you apply for another probe some time ago?
If so, that's probably why you see a probe in your user profile, that you don't own (yet).

If you did not apply for a new probe, be patient and wait for an answer from atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net. Maybe it happened by accident.

BR,
Simon

On 26.11.22 21:29, Giuseppe Macario wrote:
> My working probe is https://atlas.ripe.net/probes/55083/
> So, if I understand correctly, am I receiving a new probe?
>
> Il giorno sab 26 nov 2022 alle ore 21:11 Simon Brandt via ripe-atlas <ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net> ha scritto:
>
>     Hi Giuseppe,
>
>     it's one of the new v5 probes. The RIPE Atlas team was not able to send out new probes for a while, due to a shortage of new probes.
>     Did you apply for a new probe some time ago?
>
>     New probes are currently being shipped. If you are about to receive a new probe, you can already see it in your userprofile, even before it arrives.

User Image

Giuseppe Macario

2022-12-08 09:34:13 CET

It is possible that I also applied for a probe via the web page; anyway, I
haven't received anything.