RIPE Atlas

[atlas] Anyone with some spare credits for my experiments?

User Image

Jorma De ronde

2020-07-12 16:02:59 CET

Hi there,

I’ve recently joined the Ripe Atlas project. Unfortunately, my lonely probe only gets me around ~20k credits per day and I’m too eager to start running my experiments!

Anyone willing to share some of their credits?My current purpose is to measure the DNS performance of the top 100 (or more, credits permitting 😉) tld nameservers. Basically what was done here https://bunnycdn.com/blog/is-your-fancy-new-domain-hurting-your-performance-gtld-benchmark/

But including more tlds and split out by region and by tld nameserver (for example, I’ve noticed that for some tlds there’s a single nameserver bringing performance down for all).I will publish all results on my blog, and happy to credit you if you want.

If you don’t have any credits, I’m also very open to suggestions/pointers/etc!Kind regards,Jorma

PS Ripe account is at jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com

User Image

Hasan Berkay Cagir

2020-07-12 16:05:56 CET

I've sent you a million, good luck with your experiment!

Best,
Berkay

On 12.07.20 16:02, JJ de Ronde wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I’ve recently joined the Ripe Atlas project. Unfortunately, my lonely
> probe only gets me around ~20k credits per day and I’m too eager to
> start running my experiments!
>

> Anyone willing to share some of their credits?
> My current purpose is to measure the DNS performance of the top 100 (or
> more, credits permitting 😉) tld nameservers. Basically what was done
> here
> https://bunnycdn.com/blog/is-your-fancy-new-domain-hurting-your-performance-gtld-benchmark/
>

> But including more tlds and split out by region and by tld nameserver
> (for example, I’ve noticed that for some tlds there’s a single
> nameserver bringing performance down for all).
> I will publish all results on my blog, and happy to credit you if you want.
>

> If you don’t have any credits, I’m also very open to
> suggestions/pointers/etc!
>
> Kind regards,
> Jorma
>

> PS Ripe account is at jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com

User Image

Sanjeev Gupta

I just sent you 10M.  Good luck, and please let me know if you need more.

(You will probably be deluged under with people sending you Credits)
--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 10:03 PM JJ de Ronde <jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I’ve recently joined the Ripe Atlas project. Unfortunately, my lonely
> probe only gets me around ~20k credits per day and I’m too eager to start
> running my experiments!
>

> Anyone willing to share some of their credits?
> My current purpose is to measure the DNS performance of the top 100 (or
> more, credits permitting 😉) tld nameservers. Basically what was done
> here
> https://bunnycdn.com/blog/is-your-fancy-new-domain-hurting-your-performance-gtld-benchmark/
>

> But including more tlds and split out by region and by tld nameserver (for
> example, I’ve noticed that for some tlds there’s a single nameserver
> bringing performance down for all).
> I will publish all results on my blog, and happy to credit you if you want.
>

> If you don’t have any credits, I’m also very open to
> suggestions/pointers/etc!
>
> Kind regards,
> Jorma
>

> PS Ripe account is at jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com

User Image

Darin Martin

2020-07-12 16:56:32 CET

Sent you 10 million.Good hunting.Darin --On Jul 12, 2020 10:02 AM, JJ de Ronde <jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com> wrote:

[...]

Bryan Fields

2020-07-12 17:18:21 CET

On 7/12/20 10:02 AM, JJ de Ronde wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I’ve recently joined the Ripe Atlas project. Unfortunately, my lonely probe only
> gets me around ~20k credits per day and I’m too eager to start running my
> experiments!

I sent you 10m.

Happy testing!

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net

User Image

Bernd Mueller

2020-07-12 21:11:31 CET

Send you 10 Mio. too

Am 12.07.20 um 16:02 schrieb JJ de Ronde:
> Hi there,
>

> I’ve recently joined the Ripe Atlas project. Unfortunately, my lonely
> probe only gets me around ~20k credits per day and I’m too eager to
> start running my experiments!
>

> Anyone willing to share some of their credits?
> My current purpose is to measure the DNS performance of the top 100 (or
> more, credits permitting 😉) tld nameservers. Basically what was done
> here
> https://bunnycdn.com/blog/is-your-fancy-new-domain-hurting-your-performance-gtld-benchmark/
>

> But including more tlds and split out by region and by tld nameserver
> (for example, I’ve noticed that for some tlds there’s a single
> nameserver bringing performance down for all).
> I will publish all results on my blog, and happy to credit you if you want.
>

> If you don’t have any credits, I’m also very open to
> suggestions/pointers/etc!
>
> Kind regards,
> Jorma
>

> PS Ripe account is at jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com

User Image

Gerdriaan Mulder

2020-07-12 22:02:45 CET

Sent 10e6, enjoy!

On 12/07/2020 16:02, JJ de Ronde wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I’ve recently joined the Ripe Atlas project. Unfortunately, my lonely
> probe only gets me around ~20k credits per day and I’m too eager to
> start running my experiments!
>

> Anyone willing to share some of their credits?
> My current purpose is to measure the DNS performance of the top 100 (or
> more, credits permitting 😉) tld nameservers. Basically what was done
> here
> https://bunnycdn.com/blog/is-your-fancy-new-domain-hurting-your-performance-gtld-benchmark/
>

> But including more tlds and split out by region and by tld nameserver
> (for example, I’ve noticed that for some tlds there’s a single
> nameserver bringing performance down for all).
> I will publish all results on my blog, and happy to credit you if you want.
>

> If you don’t have any credits, I’m also very open to
> suggestions/pointers/etc!
>
> Kind regards,
> Jorma
>

> PS Ripe account is at jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com

User Image

Jacomo Piccolini

2020-07-12 22:18:02 CET

Sent 30e6, enjoy!

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 11:03 AM JJ de Ronde <jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I’ve recently joined the Ripe Atlas project. Unfortunately, my lonely
> probe only gets me around ~20k credits per day and I’m too eager to start
> running my experiments!
>

> Anyone willing to share some of their credits?
> My current purpose is to measure the DNS performance of the top 100 (or
> more, credits permitting 😉) tld nameservers. Basically what was done
> here
> https://bunnycdn.com/blog/is-your-fancy-new-domain-hurting-your-performance-gtld-benchmark/
>

> But including more tlds and split out by region and by tld nameserver (for
> example, I’ve noticed that for some tlds there’s a single nameserver
> bringing performance down for all).
> I will publish all results on my blog, and happy to credit you if you want.
>

> If you don’t have any credits, I’m also very open to
> suggestions/pointers/etc!
>
> Kind regards,
> Jorma
>

> PS Ripe account is at jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com

User Image

Jorma De ronde

2020-07-13 09:26:17 CET

Wow, thanks so much everyone!!

That should get me on my way!

I will setup the experiment over the holidays and let you know when the results are published 😊

Best,

Jorma

Van: dimmit _at_ gmail _dot_ com">Jacomo DB PiccoliniVerzonden: zondag 12 juli 2020 22:18Aan: jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com">JJ de RondeCC: ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net">ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ netOnderwerp: Re: [atlas] Anyone with some spare credits for my experiments?

Sent 30e6, enjoy!

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 11:03 AM JJ de Ronde <jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com">jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com> wrote:

Hi there,

I’ve recently joined the Ripe Atlas project. Unfortunately, my lonely probe only gets me around ~20k credits per day and I’m too eager to start running my experiments!

Anyone willing to share some of their credits?My current purpose is to measure the DNS performance of the top 100 (or more, credits permitting 😉) tld nameservers. Basically what was done here https://bunnycdn.com/blog/is-your-fancy-new-domain-hurting-your-performance-gtld-benchmark/

But including more tlds and split out by region and by tld nameserver (for example, I’ve noticed that for some tlds there’s a single nameserver bringing performance down for all).I will publish all results on my blog, and happy to credit you if you want.

If you don’t have any credits, I’m also very open to suggestions/pointers/etc!Kind regards,Jorma

PS Ripe account is at jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com" target="_blank">jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com

User Image

Michael Oghia

2020-07-13 09:27:58 CET

Just let us know if you need any more :-)

Good luck Jorma!

Best,
-Michael

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 9:26 AM JJ de Ronde <jdrmar _at_ gmail _dot_ com> wrote:

> Wow, thanks so much everyone!!
>
> That should get me on my way!
>

> I will setup the experiment over the holidays and let you know when the
> results are published 😊
>

> Best,
>
> Jorma

Carsten Schiefner

2020-07-13 10:48:06 CET

Hi Jorma,

like Michael:

On 13.07.2020 09:27, Michael J. Oghia wrote:
> Just let us know if you need any more :-)

I'd also have some more in my stash.

Happy researching - ATB,

	-C.