RIPE Atlas

[atlas] Looking for RIPE Atlas credits

User Image

Nils Rodday

2019-10-25 09:26:19 CET

Dear RIPE Atlas users,

I am a PhD-student and would need RIPE Atlas credits in order to perform
large-scale traceroute experiments.

If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
Recipient: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de

Thanks. :)

Kind regards,
Nils

User Image

Nick Hilliard

2019-10-25 09:34:37 CET

Nils Rodday wrote on 25/10/2019 08:26:
> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>
> I am a PhD-student and would need RIPE Atlas credits in order to perform
> large-scale traceroute experiments.
>
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
> Recipient: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de

Hi Nils,

just transferred 50m.  Lemme know if you need more.

Nick

User Image

Michael Perzi

2019-10-25 09:38:20 CET

Hi!

Sent you 10 million, have fun!

Michael

I am a PhD-student and would need RIPE Atlas credits in order to perform large-scale traceroute experiments.

If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
Recipient: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de>

Thanks. :)

Kind regards,
Nils

Yakimus // VOKS

2019-10-25 09:39:56 CET

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 09:26:19AM +0200, Nils Rodday wrote:
> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>
> I am a PhD-student and would need RIPE Atlas credits in order to perform
> large-scale traceroute experiments.
>
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
> Recipient: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de

I have just transferred 1256674 credits to nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de

--
ua.voks

> Thanks. :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Nils

User Image

Michael Oghia

2019-10-25 09:46:30 CET

Hi Nils, how many do you need?

-Michael

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 9:26 AM Nils Rodday <nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de> wrote:

> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>
> I am a PhD-student and would need RIPE Atlas credits in order to perform
> large-scale traceroute experiments.
>
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
> Recipient: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Nils

User Image

Nils Rodday

2020-05-20 08:57:08 CET

Dear RIPE Atlas users,

As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de

I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
Twente.
If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.

Thanks. :)

Kind regards,
Nils

User Image

Michael Oghia

2020-05-20 09:02:11 CET

I just sent you 3 million Nils, it's all I have. Good luck!

-Michael

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 8:57 AM Nils Rodday <nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de> wrote:

> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>
> As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
> close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
> credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>
> I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
> Twente.
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Nils

User Image

colin johnston

2020-05-20 09:03:29 CET

Sent 20 million :)

Keep safe and well

Col

> On 20 May 2020, at 07:57, Nils Rodday <nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de> wrote:
>
> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>
> As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
> close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
> credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>
> I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
> Twente.
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Nils

cobusv@gmail.com

2020-05-20 09:09:35 CET

Hi Nils,

Good luck

As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare credits to transfer into my account:  nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de> nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de

I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of Twente.

If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.

Thanks. :)

Kind regards,

Nils

User Image

Gerdriaan Mulder

2020-05-20 09:56:47 CET

15 million sent, enjoy.

On 20/05/2020 08:57, Nils Rodday wrote:
> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>
> As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
> close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
> credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>
> I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
> Twente.
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Nils

User Image

Milad Afshari

2020-05-20 10:01:35 CET

5M sent. enjoy measuring...

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 11:27 AM Nils Rodday <nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de> wrote:

> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>
> As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
> close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
> credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>
> I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
> Twente.
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Nils

User Image

Richard Havern

2020-05-20 11:00:01 CET

Totalling up what has been donated so far, about 160M.  GÉANT is happy to support researchers and has donated 140M credits to top you back up to 300M.  Best of luck and please share your research results with this community when completed.

Rick Havern
Head of Network Engineering GÉANT

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 11:27 AM Nils Rodday <nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ denils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de>> wrote:
Dear RIPE Atlas users,

As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ denils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de>

I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
Twente.
If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.

Thanks. :)

Kind regards,
Nils

User Image

Carsten Schiefner

2020-05-20 11:20:12 CET

Hi Nils,

On 20.05.2020 08:57, Nils Rodday wrote:
> As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
> close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
> credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>
> I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
> Twente.
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.

another 10 M have just flown into your account: happy (continuation of)
researching! :-)

Best greetings from sunny Berlin - and stay healthy, all:

	-C.

User Image

Sanjeev Gupta

"You have just transferred 50000000 credits to nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de"

Thank you for your research,
--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:57 PM Nils Rodday <nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de> wrote:

> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>
> As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
> close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
> credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>
> I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
> Twente.
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Nils

User Image

Levon Avagyan

2020-05-20 11:56:49 CET

Hello Nils,
[image: image.png]

Good luck in your research! Be safe.

Best regards
       Levon Avagyan

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:47 PM Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 _at_ gmail _dot_ com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "You have just transferred 50000000 credits to nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de"
>
> Thank you for your research,
> --
> Sanjeev Gupta
> +65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane
>

> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:57 PM Nils Rodday <nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de> wrote:
>
>> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>>
>> As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
>> close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
>> credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>>
>> I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
>> Twente.
>> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
>>
>> Thanks. :)
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Nils

Dave .

2020-05-20 12:01:30 CET

5M sent. Happy testing.  :)

Op wo 20 mei 2020 om 08:57 schreef Nils Rodday <nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de>:

> Dear RIPE Atlas users,
>
> As I have been using around 300M credits over the past few months and am
> close to running out, I would like to ask if somebody has some spare
> credits to transfer into my account: nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>
> I am a PhD-student at the Bundeswehr University Munich & University of
> Twente.
> If you have credits to share, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks. :)
>
> Kind regards,
> Nils

User Image

Carsten Schiefner

2020-05-20 12:46:23 CET

Levon & Sanjeev -

On 20.05.2020 11:56, Levon Avagyan wrote:
> [image: "You have just transferred 50000000 credits to nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de"]
>
> Good luck in your research! Be safe.
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:47 PM Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 _at_ gmail _dot_ com
> ghane0 _at_ gmail _dot_ com>> wrote:
>
>     "You have just transferred 50000000 credits to nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
>     nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de>"
>
>     Thank you for your research,

50 M each - do you guys run an entire zoo of probes?

As I got - with just one probe, though! - some 70 Million accrued only
over the last decade or so...

Best,

	-C.

User Image

Michael Oghia

2020-05-20 12:49:29 CET

I'm assuming they either host an anchor (or more), or have multiple probes
running on their networks. I have two, and average ~5 million or so per
month. I love this programme!

-Michael

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 12:46 PM Carsten Schiefner <carsten _at_ schiefner _dot_ de>
wrote:

> Levon & Sanjeev -
>
> On 20.05.2020 11:56, Levon Avagyan wrote:
> > [image: "You have just transferred 50000000 credits to
> nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de"]
> >
> > Good luck in your research! Be safe.
> >
> > On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:47 PM Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 _at_ gmail _dot_ com
> > ghane0 _at_ gmail _dot_ com>> wrote:
> >
> >     "You have just transferred 50000000 credits to nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
> >     nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de>"
> >
> >     Thank you for your research,
>
> 50 M each - do you guys run an entire zoo of probes?
>
> As I got - with just one probe, though! - some 70 Million accrued only
> over the last decade or so...
>
> Best,
>
>         -C.

User Image

Mikael Abrahamsson

2020-05-20 12:54:24 CET

On Wed, 20 May 2020, Carsten Schiefner wrote:

> As I got - with just one probe, though! - some 70 Million accrued only
> over the last decade or so...

I sent him 20M out of my 80M I have accrued with my single probe in the
past ~decade. I don't use it for anything else so...

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike _at_ swm.pp _dot_ se

User Image

Carsten Schiefner

2020-05-20 14:43:28 CET

Hi Michael,

On 20.05.2020 12:49, Michael J. Oghia wrote:
> I'm assuming they either host an anchor (or more), or have multiple
> probes running on their networks. I have two, and average ~5 million or
> so per month. I love this programme!

interesting... Mine only "gets" me ~ 1 M per month.

Also, before my donation today, I was at about 78 M - which, given the
rate of 1 M per month, would mean that it has accrued credit points only
for the last 6.5 years. Which, in turn, is strange, as this probe moved
with me to my current home more than a decade ago.

Best,

	-C.

User Image

Carsten Schiefner

2020-05-20 14:45:52 CET

Hi Mikael -

On 20.05.2020 12:54, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> I sent him 20M out of my 80M I have accrued with my single probe in the
> past ~decade. I don't use it for anything else so...

neither do I. But I thought that splitting it a bit might be better - as
other requests might pop up later on.

Best,

	-C.

ripe@brite.cz

2020-05-20 15:00:37 CET

The Earned Credit depends on multiple factors and vary in time. Find your earnings on https://atlas.ripe.net/user/credits
Some credit is earned by probes' uptime but more credit gets earned by measurements - results delivered by your probe. That depends on measurements demand, so it depends on what network you are connected - if your probe is the only one in the network you will get more job, if you have IPv6 your probe will get much more job, etc...

Cheers
Jiri

> Od: "Carsten Schiefner" <carsten _at_ schiefner _dot_ de>
> Komu: "Michael J. Oghia" <mike.oghia _at_ gmail _dot_ com>
> Datum: 20.05.2020 14:46
> Předmět: Re: [atlas] Looking for RIPE Atlas credits
>
> CC: <ripe-atlas _at_ ripe _dot_ net>
>Hi Michael,
>
>On 20.05.2020 12:49, Michael J. Oghia wrote:
>> I'm assuming they either host an anchor (or more), or have multiple
>> probes running on their networks. I have two, and average ~5 million or
>> so per month. I love this programme!
>
>interesting... Mine only "gets" me ~ 1 M per month.
>
>Also, before my donation today, I was at about 78 M - which, given the
>rate of 1 M per month, would mean that it has accrued credit points only
>for the last 6.5 years. Which, in turn, is strange, as this probe moved
>with me to my current home more than a decade ago.
>
>Best,
>
>	-C.

User Image

Michael Oghia

2020-05-20 15:05:38 CET

Actually, I think I overstated my average monthly amount by quite a lot.
It's not 5 million, but more like 1-1.5 million (if that). I was simply
calculating my daily total by 30, but it doesn't seem consistent (as Jiri
and others have explained why).

Regardless Carsten, hope you're well. Always a pleasure to hear from you,
and I hope you're staying safe and well :-)

-M

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:46 PM Carsten Schiefner <carsten _at_ schiefner _dot_ de>
wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> On 20.05.2020 12:49, Michael J. Oghia wrote:
> > I'm assuming they either host an anchor (or more), or have multiple
> > probes running on their networks. I have two, and average ~5 million or
> > so per month. I love this programme!
>
> interesting... Mine only "gets" me ~ 1 M per month.
>
> Also, before my donation today, I was at about 78 M - which, given the
> rate of 1 M per month, would mean that it has accrued credit points only
> for the last 6.5 years. Which, in turn, is strange, as this probe moved
> with me to my current home more than a decade ago.
>
> Best,
>
>         -C.

User Image

Jared Mauch

2020-05-20 15:08:11 CET

It’s pretty easy, if you login here:

https://atlas.ripe.net/user/credits/

It will tell you what you earn, eg (mine):

219,600.00 credits / hour

- Jared

> On May 20, 2020, at 9:05 AM, Michael J. Oghia <mike.oghia _at_ gmail _dot_ com> wrote:
>
> Actually, I think I overstated my average monthly amount by quite a lot. It's not 5 million, but more like 1-1.5 million (if that). I was simply calculating my daily total by 30, but it doesn't seem consistent (as Jiri and others have explained why).
>
> Regardless Carsten, hope you're well. Always a pleasure to hear from you, and I hope you're staying safe and well :-)
>
> -M
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:46 PM Carsten Schiefner <carsten _at_ schiefner _dot_ de> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On 20.05.2020 12:49, Michael J. Oghia wrote:
> > I'm assuming they either host an anchor (or more), or have multiple
> > probes running on their networks. I have two, and average ~5 million or
> > so per month. I love this programme!
>
> interesting... Mine only "gets" me ~ 1 M per month.
>
> Also, before my donation today, I was at about 78 M - which, given the
> rate of 1 M per month, would mean that it has accrued credit points only
> for the last 6.5 years. Which, in turn, is strange, as this probe moved
> with me to my current home more than a decade ago.
>
> Best,
>
>         -C.

User Image

Michael Oghia

2020-05-20 15:22:38 CET

This sparks a good question for the RIPE NCC team, e.g., Robert: would it
be possible to get a monthly report of how many credits we earned? If it
would be cumbersome to implement (and could be opt-in so that only those
interested would recieve it), it would be a nice way to track it.

Only an idea :-) Let me know if it already exists and I missed it.

Best,
-Michael

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 3:08 PM Jared Mauch <jared _at_ puck.nether _dot_ net> wrote:

> It’s pretty easy, if you login here:
>
> https://atlas.ripe.net/user/credits/
>
> It will tell you what you earn, eg (mine):
>
> 219,600.00 credits / hour
>
> - Jared
>
> > On May 20, 2020, at 9:05 AM, Michael J. Oghia <mike.oghia _at_ gmail _dot_ com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Actually, I think I overstated my average monthly amount by quite a lot.
> It's not 5 million, but more like 1-1.5 million (if that). I was simply
> calculating my daily total by 30, but it doesn't seem consistent (as Jiri
> and others have explained why).
> >
> > Regardless Carsten, hope you're well. Always a pleasure to hear from
> you, and I hope you're staying safe and well :-)
> >
> > -M
> >
> > On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:46 PM Carsten Schiefner <carsten _at_ schiefner _dot_ de>
> wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > On 20.05.2020 12:49, Michael J. Oghia wrote:
> > > I'm assuming they either host an anchor (or more), or have multiple
> > > probes running on their networks. I have two, and average ~5 million or
> > > so per month. I love this programme!
> >
> > interesting... Mine only "gets" me ~ 1 M per month.
> >
> > Also, before my donation today, I was at about 78 M - which, given the
> > rate of 1 M per month, would mean that it has accrued credit points only
> > for the last 6.5 years. Which, in turn, is strange, as this probe moved
> > with me to my current home more than a decade ago.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> >         -C.

User Image

Sanjeev Gupta

2020-05-20 15:29:35 CET

I had a few, but for the last few years only two, the rest have been given
away, lost, etc.

I don't spend any, and it just keeps accumulating.  I think I still have
over 50M left, in case anyone else needs.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 6:46 PM Carsten Schiefner <carsten _at_ schiefner _dot_ de>
wrote:

> Levon & Sanjeev -
>
> On 20.05.2020 11:56, Levon Avagyan wrote:
> > [image: "You have just transferred 50000000 credits to
> nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de"]
> >
> > Good luck in your research! Be safe.
> >
> > On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:47 PM Sanjeev Gupta <ghane0 _at_ gmail _dot_ com
> > ghane0 _at_ gmail _dot_ com>> wrote:
> >
> >     "You have just transferred 50000000 credits to nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de
> >     nils.rodday _at_ unibw _dot_ de>"
> >
> >     Thank you for your research,
>
> 50 M each - do you guys run an entire zoo of probes?
>
> As I got - with just one probe, though! - some 70 Million accrued only
> over the last decade or so...
>
> Best,
>
>         -C.

User Image

Sanjeev Gupta

2020-05-20 15:33:18 CET

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 8:46 PM Carsten Schiefner <carsten _at_ schiefner _dot_ de>
wrote:

> Hi Mikael -
>
> On 20.05.2020 12:54, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> > I sent him 20M out of my 80M I have accrued with my single probe in the
> > past ~decade. I don't use it for anything else so...
>
> neither do I. But I thought that splitting it a bit might be better - as
> other requests might pop up later on.

At which point, others will provide :-)

 And with Euro interest rates so low, what am I keeping them for anyway.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane
User Image

Carsten Schiefner

2020-05-20 17:29:14 CET

Thanks, Michael - appreciated & likewise! :-)

Same wishes for you and everybody else her on this list.

On 20.05.2020 15:05, Michael J. Oghia wrote:
> [...]
>
> Regardless Carsten, hope you're well. Always a pleasure to hear from
> you, and I hope you're staying safe and well :-)

tslbai

2020-05-21 18:59:28 CET

I just sent you 4 million.
Have fun ;-)