RIPE Atlas

[atlas] check dns64/nat64 behavior ?

User Image

Thomas Schäfer

is there a simple way to check the reachability of IPv6 targets by
probes behind NAT64?

e.g. If I try to

ping

www.t-online.de

with

Adress Family IPv6

I get immediately the error " No IPv6 address found for target" instead
of "measuremnet created". Same problem exists for DNS measurements.

Regards,
thomas

User Image

Thomas Schäfer

2020-02-21 14:50:50 CET

Am 21.02.20 um 14:38 schrieb Thomas Schäfer:
> Hi,
>
> is there a simple way to check the reachability of IPv6 targets by
> probes behind NAT64?

IPv4 targets of course.

User Image

Philip Homburg

On 2020/02/21 14:50 , Thomas Schäfer wrote:
> Am 21.02.20 um 14:38 schrieb Thomas Schäfer:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a simple way to check the reachability of IPv6 targets by
>> probes behind NAT64?
>
> IPv4 targets of course.

On NAT64, an IPv4 address is accessed over IPv6. You do need to disable
the check if the domainname exists.