RIPE NCC Services Working Group

[ncc-services-wg] RIPE NCC Services WG Co-chair Selection

User Image

Rob Evans

2020-09-29 17:45:06 CET

Dear Colleagues,

This is a call for nominations or volunteers to co-chair the RIPE NCC
Services working group.

Please DO NOT reply to this message if you wish to volunteer or
propose a volunteer.

Call for RIPE NCC Services Working Group Chair

In accordance with the chair selection process we announce that the
term of one of our co-chairs (Kurtis Lindqvist) will soon expire and
we would like to invite volunteers, or nominations for someone to
become a co-chair of the RIPE NCC Services working group.

Anyone may volunteer, and anyone may be nominated by someone else.

To do this, please send a mail to <ncc-services-wg-chairs _at_ ripe _dot_ net>
before the end of Tuesday 13th October 2020.

It would be helpful for candidates to give some words as to why they
think they ought to be a co-chair, what new ideas, or improvements
they might bring, and so on.

We will publish the list of volunteers, along with anything the
volunteers include with their nomination, to this mailing list on
Wednesday 14th October 2020. Discussion and support (or opposition)
for each candidate can then be offered on the list.

At the NCC Services working group session at RIPE 81, Bijal and Rob
hope to announce consensus based on the mailing list discussion.

Timeline
--------

Tue 29 Sep	This call for volunteers posted to the ncc-services-wg mail list
Tue 13 Oct	Deadline for volunteers
Wed 14 Oct	List of volunteers and call for support posted to the mail list
Tue 27 Oct	Deadline for showing support for volunteers on the mail list
Wed 28 Oct	DNS WG session at RIPE 81

References
----------

The RIPE working group chair job description is included in ripe-692:
https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-692

The RIPE NCC Services working group chair selection process is documented here:
https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/wg/active-wg/services/ripe-ncc-services-wg-chair-selection-process

As always, please feel free to reach out to any of the chairs
directly, to us as a group at <ncc-services-wg-chairs _at_ ripe _dot_ net>, or
discuss this or any other any relevant topic on this mailing list.

[With thanks to Dave Knight for the text this was cribbed from.]

User Image

Rob Evans

2020-10-12 10:18:05 CET

Dear all,

Just a reminder of tomorrow's deadline.

Cheers,
Rob

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 04:45:12PM +0100, Rob Evans wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> This is a call for nominations or volunteers to co-chair the RIPE NCC
> Services working group.

> Please DO NOT reply to this message if you wish to volunteer or
> propose a volunteer.
>

> Call for RIPE NCC Services Working Group Chair
>
> In accordance with the chair selection process we announce that the
> term of one of our co-chairs (Kurtis Lindqvist) will soon expire and
> we would like to invite volunteers, or nominations for someone to
> become a co-chair of the RIPE NCC Services working group.
>
> Anyone may volunteer, and anyone may be nominated by someone else.
>
> To do this, please send a mail to <ncc-services-wg-chairs _at_ ripe _dot_ net>
> before the end of Tuesday 13th October 2020.
>
> It would be helpful for candidates to give some words as to why they
> think they ought to be a co-chair, what new ideas, or improvements
> they might bring, and so on.
>
> We will publish the list of volunteers, along with anything the
> volunteers include with their nomination, to this mailing list on
> Wednesday 14th October 2020. Discussion and support (or opposition)
> for each candidate can then be offered on the list.
>
> At the NCC Services working group session at RIPE 81, Bijal and Rob
> hope to announce consensus based on the mailing list discussion.
>

> Timeline
> --------
>
> Tue 29 Sep	This call for volunteers posted to the ncc-services-wg mail list
> Tue 13 Oct	Deadline for volunteers
> Wed 14 Oct	List of volunteers and call for support posted to the mail list
> Tue 27 Oct	Deadline for showing support for volunteers on the mail list
> Wed 28 Oct	DNS WG session at RIPE 81
>

> References
> ----------
>
> The RIPE working group chair job description is included in ripe-692:
> https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-692
>

> The RIPE NCC Services working group chair selection process is documented here:
> https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/wg/active-wg/services/ripe-ncc-services-wg-chair-selection-process
>
> As always, please feel free to reach out to any of the chairs
> directly, to us as a group at <ncc-services-wg-chairs _at_ ripe _dot_ net>, or
> discuss this or any other any relevant topic on this mailing list.
>
> [With thanks to Dave Knight for the text this was cribbed from.]

User Image

Rob Evans

2020-10-14 19:01:30 CET

Dear colleagues,

> Wed 14 Oct	List of volunteers and call for support posted to the mail list
> Tue 27 Oct	Deadline for showing support for volunteers on the mail list
> Wed 28 Oct	DNS WG session at RIPE 81

The nomination period for co-chairs of the NCC Services working group
has closed and we received just the one volunteer, a Kurtis Lindquist.

Please voice support (or otherwise) on this list by the end of Tuesday
27th October.

Cheers,
Bijal & Rob

User Image

Nick Hilliard

2020-10-14 19:07:48 CET

Rob Evans wrote on 14/10/2020 18:01:
> Dear colleagues,
>
>> Wed 14 Oct	List of volunteers and call for support posted to the mail list
>> Tue 27 Oct	Deadline for showing support for volunteers on the mail list
>> Wed 28 Oct	DNS WG session at RIPE 81
>
> The nomination period for co-chairs of the NCC Services working group
> has closed and we received just the one volunteer, a Kurtis Lindquist.

Sounds good to me.

Nick

User Image

Piotr Strzyżewski

2020-10-14 19:10:32 CET

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 06:01:30PM +0100, Rob Evans wrote:

Dear Rob, All,

> > Wed 14 Oct	List of volunteers and call for support posted to the mail list
> > Tue 27 Oct	Deadline for showing support for volunteers on the mail list
> > Wed 28 Oct	DNS WG session at RIPE 81
>
> The nomination period for co-chairs of the NCC Services working group
> has closed and we received just the one volunteer, a Kurtis Lindquist.
>
> Please voice support (or otherwise) on this list by the end of Tuesday
> 27th October.

I support Kurtis.

Best,
Piotr

--
Piotr Strzyżewski

User Image

Martin Millnert

2020-10-14 20:29:22 CET

On 2020-10-14 19:01, Rob Evans wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
>> Wed 14 Oct	List of volunteers and call for support posted to the mail list
>> Tue 27 Oct	Deadline for showing support for volunteers on the mail list
>> Wed 28 Oct	DNS WG session at RIPE 81
>
> The nomination period for co-chairs of the NCC Services working group
> has closed and we received just the one volunteer, a Kurtis Lindquist.
>
> Please voice support (or otherwise) on this list by the end of Tuesday
> 27th October.

Glad Kurtis wants to volunteer. He has my support on this quest.

Martin

User Image

Janos Zsako

2020-10-14 21:34:19 CET

Dear all,

I support Kurtis. I am glad he is willing to continue the work.

Best regards,
Janos

> The nomination period for co-chairs of the NCC Services working group
> has closed and we received just the one volunteer, a Kurtis Lindquist.

> Cheers,
> Bijal & Rob

User Image

Wolfgang Tremmel

2020-10-15 09:03:01 CET

I support Kurtis!

--
Wolfgang Tremmel

Phone +49 69 1730902 0  | wolfgang.tremmel _at_ de-cix _dot_ net
Executive Directors: Harald A. Summa and Sebastian Seifert | Trade Registry: AG Cologne, HRB 51135
DE-CIX Management GmbH | Lindleystrasse 12 | 60314 Frankfurt am Main | Germany | www.de-cix.net

User Image

Kurt Kayser

I am happy with Kurtis and his work in this area.

Glad to voice my support for him

regards, Kurt

User Image

João Luis Silva Damas

2020-10-15 10:00:12 CET

Same here
Joao

> On 14 Oct 2020, at 21:34, Janos Zsako <zsako _at_ iszt _dot_ hu> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I support Kurtis. I am glad he is willing to continue the work.
>
> Best regards,
> Janos
>
>> The nomination period for co-chairs of the NCC Services working group
>> has closed and we received just the one volunteer, a Kurtis Lindquist.
>
>> Cheers,
>> Bijal & Rob

User Image

Eva Ornberg