IoT Working Group

[iot-wg] Zigbee Alliance's Connected Home over IP

User Image

Peter Steinhaeuser

2020-09-09 09:35:17 CET

Dear collegues,

after announcing the Project Connected Home over IP end of last year getting Amazon, Apple and Google on board for a joined effort to establish an IP based standard for IoT devices the project seems to be mostly on track for an initial early 2021 release:

	https://zigbeealliance.org/news_and_articles/project-development-to-reality/

I think this project might be of interest for this working group and for the RIPE community. I will further monitor the progress of the project and would like to invite everyone interested for a discussion one’s first standard specs are released.

Thanks,
Peter

Michael Richardson

2020-09-10 21:02:34 CET

Peter Steinhäuser <ps _at_ embedd _dot_ com> wrote:
    > after announcing the Project Connected Home over IP end of last year
    > getting Amazon, Apple and Google on board for a joined effort to
    > establish an IP based standard for IoT devices the project seems to be
    > mostly on track for an initial early 2021 release:

    > 	https://zigbeealliance.org/news_and_articles/project-development-to-reality/

I got exactly zero from that article, and their documents are not visible to non-members.

They have open source on github, but I haven't spent the time to attempt to
reverse engineer what they are thinking.

If someone else has some insight on where it's going, I've love to hear.
Failing that, we have to wait for the documents to become public.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF _at_ sandelman _dot_ ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )