Database Working Group

[db-wg] RDAP snapshots

User Image

Lars Prehn

2020-06-27 20:52:53 CET

Hi everyone,

Is there a "fast" way to obtain a snapshot of the RDAP databases from
RIPE (http://rdap.db.ripe.net/) as well as the other RIRs for local use?
I saw some presentations on proposals for RDAP mirroring, but couldn't
find any working implementations. I want to run a massive amount of
requests against it (for a research project) and would like to keep the
load on the RIR APIs low.

Unfortunately, our deadline is Monday night. Therefore "fast" really
boils down to 'till tomorrow'.

Thanks for answers in advance!

Best regards,

Lars

ripedenis@yahoo.co.uk

2020-06-27 22:29:14 CET

 Hi Lars
There is NRTM, an option to run a 'local copy' of the RIPE Database's operational data. Of course personal data is excluded from your local copy. But you need interaction with the RIPE NCC to set that up. So it is not likely to happen by Monday.
cheersdenis
co-chair DB-WG

    On Saturday, 27 June 2020, 20:53:24 CEST, Lars Prehn via db-wg <db-wg _at_ ripe _dot_ net> wrote:

 Hi everyone,

Is there a "fast" way to obtain a snapshot of the RDAP databases from
RIPE (http://rdap.db.ripe.net/) as well as the other RIRs for local use?
I saw some presentations on proposals for RDAP mirroring, but couldn't
find any working implementations. I want to run a massive amount of
requests against it (for a research project) and would like to keep the
load on the RIR APIs low.

Unfortunately, our deadline is Monday night. Therefore "fast" really
boils down to 'till tomorrow'.

Thanks for answers in advance!

Best regards,

Lars

User Image

Cynthia Revström

2020-06-27 23:07:53 CET

Not sure if NRTM is what Lars is asking for but regardless it no longer
needs interaction from the RIPE NCC.

it is just available at: whois.ripe.net:4444

- Cynthia

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 10:30 PM ripedenis--- via db-wg <db-wg _at_ ripe _dot_ net>
wrote:

> Hi Lars
>
> There is NRTM, an option to run a 'local copy' of the RIPE Database's
> operational data. Of course personal data is excluded from your local copy.
> But you need interaction with the RIPE NCC to set that up. So it is not
> likely to happen by Monday.
>
> cheers
> denis
>
> co-chair DB-WG
>

> On Saturday, 27 June 2020, 20:53:24 CEST, Lars Prehn via db-wg <
> db-wg _at_ ripe _dot_ net> wrote:
>

> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there a "fast" way to obtain a snapshot of the RDAP databases from
> RIPE (http://rdap.db.ripe.net/) as well as the other RIRs for local use?
> I saw some presentations on proposals for RDAP mirroring, but couldn't
> find any working implementations. I want to run a massive amount of
> requests against it (for a research project) and would like to keep the
> load on the RIR APIs low.
>
> Unfortunately, our deadline is Monday night. Therefore "fast" really
> boils down to 'till tomorrow'.
>
> Thanks for answers in advance!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lars

ripedenis@yahoo.co.uk

2020-06-28 02:15:18 CET

 Hi Cynthia, Lars
Yes you are correct. The NRTM service no longer needs any setup by the RIPE NCC. So if this service will satisfy your need Lars to have a local copy of the RIPE Database operational data to do your extensive queries against on Sunday you can see the instructions on how to set this up here:https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/db/support/documentation/mirroring

cheersdenis
co-chair DB-WG