Number Resource Organization
- Protect the unallocated Number Resource pool,
- Promote and protect the bottom up policy development process, and
- Act as a focal point for Internet community input into the RIR system.
- NRO NC Nominations 2015
NRO NC Nominations 2015
- About the NRO NC
About the NRO NC 2015
- NRO NC Nomination Process
NRO NC Nomination Process 2015
- NRO to Lead Key Internet Infrastructure Discussions at 2011 IGF
- Number Resource Organization
The Number Resource Organization (NRO) is a coordinating body for the five Regional Internet Registries to formalise their cooperative efforts.
- IPv4 addresses to be exhausted by 2012
Number Resource Organization urges firms to switch to IPv6 now.
- July 2005
The NRO and the GAC held a roundtable meeting on IP Addressing in Luxembourg on 10 July 2005. The meeting was held at the Luxemburg International Fair and Conference Centre in co-operation with the ICANN GAC (Governmental Advisory Committee). [Content hosted by www.nro.net]
- Joint NRO / GAC Roundtable on IP Addressing
The NRO and the GAC held a roundtable meeting on IP Addressing in Luxembourg on 10 July 2005. The meeting was held at the Luxemburg International Fair and Conference Centre in co-operation with the ICANN GAC (Governmental Advisory Committee).
The NRO exists to:
History of the NRO
On 24 October 2003, the four existing RIRs – APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and the RIPE NCC – entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICANN to form the NRO. Once AfriNIC was incorporated in April 2005 it signed the MoU and joined the NRO.
The NRO Number Council (NC)
Under the terms of the MoU signed between the ICANN and the RIRs in October 2004, the NRO Number Council (NRO NC) now performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC). The NRO NC is made up of three community representatives from each RIR region.