IANA Stewardship Transition
- ICANN 55: IANA, Accountability and Public Safety
ICANN 55 was held from 5-10 March 2016 in Marrakech, Morocco, and marked another milestone in the march towards transition of the IANA functions stewardship to the global Internet community. RIPE NCC Executive Board members, staff and RIPE community participants took part in meetings throughout the week, discussing issues ranging from IANA stewardship and the accountability of ICANN to the accuracy of RIR whois databases.
- RIPE NCC Roundtable Meeting Gathers Regulators and Law Enforcement in Brussels
The RIPE NCC held a Roundtable Meeting for Governments and Regulators on Wednesday, 27 January 2016 in Brussels. The meeting attracted around 50 representatives and public sector representatives from across the RIPE NCC service region.
- ICANN 54: Addressing the Accountability Question
The ICANN 54 meeting was held in Dublin from 18-22 October 2015. Attracting around 1,800 attendees, the big topic over the course of the week was the ongoing project to transition stewardship of the IANA functions to the global multistakeholder community.
- Proposal Regarding IANA Review Committee Selection Process
- ICANN 53: Another Milestone in the IANA Stewardship Transition Process
The IANA stewardship transition process reached an important milestone during the recent ICANN 53 meeting (21-25 June in Buenos Aires, Argentina), with all three of the IANA operational communities now having submitted their responses to the Request For Proposals issued last year by the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG).
- Call for Comments for a Draft Internet Number Community Review Committee Charter
On 22 June 2015, the NRO published a draft of the Internet Number Community Review Committee Charter for public comment.
- EuroDIG 2015: RIPE NCC Report
EuroDIG, the European Dialogue on Internet Governance, held its seventh annual meeting in Sofia, Bulgaria on 4-5 June 2015, attracting around 500 participants for two days of wide-ranging Internet governance discussions.
- Report on the WSIS Forum 2015
More than 1,500 people gathered in Geneva, Switzerland, from 25-29 May for the tenth annual WSIS (World Summit on the Information Society) Forum.
- IANA Stewardship on the Agenda at RIPE NCC Roundtable Lunch for Governments and Regulators
Following on from many successful Roundtable Meetings for Governments and Regulators, the RIPE NCC organised a Roundtable Lunch for public sector participants adjacent to the RIPE 70 Meeting in Amsterdam on Thursday, 14 May 2015.
- Call for Comments for a Draft SLA for the IANA Numbering Services
On 15 January, 2015, the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) Team submitted the Internet Numbers Community Proposal to the request for proposals issued by the IANA Stewardship Coordination Group (ICG).