Transfer of IPv4 Allocated PA Space
Who Can Receive a Transfer of IPv4 Allocated PA Space
In order to be eligible to receive a transfer of IPv4 allocated PA space from another organisation, the receiving party must:
- Be a member of the RIPE NCC
- Have the transfer approved by the RIPE NCC according to the requirements outlined in the existing
IPv4 address space can also be transferred as part of a merger or acquisition.
Who Can Transfer IPv4 Allocated PA Space
Any legitimate holder of IPv4 allocated PA space can transfer this to another member in the RIPE NCC service region, provided:
- The address space is registered in the RIPE NCC service region
- The address space has not been allocated by the RIPE NCC or received as part of a transfer within the last 24 months
To Get Started With The Transfer
To get started with a transfer of IPv4 allocated PA space, the transferring member can submit a transfer request to the RIPE NCC using the registry update function in the LIR Portal.
The request should include:
- The resources being transferred
- The signed by both parties. This agreement must be signed by company directors that are legally authorised to sign/act on behalf of the organisation.
- The company name and contact details of both parties
- Recent company registration papers for both parties
- Whether the transfer is to be permanent or temporary (in the case of a temporary transfer, specify until which date the resources are to be transferred)
Further Detail on Transfers
For further detail refer to the RIPE NCC Procedural Document "Transfer of Internet Number Resource Records and Change of Members Official Legal Name".
Note: before submitting a transfer request, please review all related inetnum, route and domain objects in the RIPE Database. All objects larger than the address range being transferred, will need to be deleted.
The transferring member can find the objects by querying the RIPE Database or using the IP Analyser in the LIR Portal. If in doubt, one of our IP Resource Analysts can help you get an overview of the affected RIPE Database objects.