IPv4 Transfers - General Overview
Before looking into transfers, members can check whether they are eligible to receive a final /22 allocation of IPv4 address space directly from the RIPE NCC.
Please note that IPv4 address space can only be transferred if 24 months have elapsed since the allocation was made by the RIPE NCC or (in the case of a transfer) the address space was received from another entity.
Different Kinds of Transfers
Transfers of IPv4 address space fall into the following categories:
- that was previously allocated by the RIPE NCC
- A transfer between End Users of IPv4 PI address space that was previously assigned by the RIPE NCC
- A transfer of that was originally allocated prior to the existence of the RIPE NCC
- A transfer of IPv4 address space to or from a different RIR
All mentioned kinds of transfer are possible under existing RIPE Policy. Each type is handled differently, and the relevant sections provide more detail.
Updating the Company Name
If a member has changed their legal name, this will need to be updated prior to the RIPE NCC processing any transfers. Members can request an update to the company name in our records using the registry update function in the LIR Portal. The update request should include:
- The new company registration papers
- The official legal documents supporting this change
IPv4 Transfer Listing Service
The IPv4 Transfer Listing Service is a platform for RIPE NCC members to list and exchange the IPv4 address space they hold and no longer need. Members can access the listing service by logging into the LIR Portal.
Further Detail on Transfers
For further detail refer to the RIPE NCC Procedural Document "Transfer of Internet Number Resource Records and Change of a Member's Official Legal Name".