Who Can Receive a Transfer of AS Numbers
In order to be eligible to receive a transfer of AS Number(s) from another organisation, the receiving party must:
- Be a member of the RIPE NCC or have a signed End User Assignment Agreement with a sponsoring LIR (a member of the RIPE NCC)
- Have the transfer approved by the RIPE NCC according to the requirements outlined in the existing RIPE Transfer Policy
- Confirm that the network is multihomed and that there is a unique routing policy for each AS Number being transferred
AS Number(s) can also be transferred as part of a merger or acquisition.
Who Can Transfer AS Numbers
Any legitimate holder of an AS Number can transfer it to another End User or member of the RIPE NCC in the RIPE NCC service region, provided:
- The AS Number is covered by an End User Assignment Agreement with a sponsoring LIR or the recipient is a member of the RIPE NCC
- The AS Number is registered in the RIPE NCC service region
To Get Started With The Transfer
To get started with a transfer of AS Number(s), the LIR holding the resource or the sponsoring LIR of either the transferring or receiving End User can contact the RIPE NCC using the registry update function in the LIR Portal.
The request should include:
- The resources being transferred
- The signed by both parties. This agreement must be signed by company directors that are legally authorised to sign/act on behalf of the organisation
- The End User Assignment Agreement signed by the receiving End User and a member of the RIPE NCC (if applicable)
- The company name and contact details of both End Users
- Recent company registration papers for both End Users
- The following resource object information for the receiving End User:
- Whether the transfer is to be permanent or temporary (in the case of a temporary transfer, specify until which date the resources are to be transferred)
Further Detail on Transfers
For further detail, refer to the RIPE NCC Procedural Document, "Transfer of Internet Number Resource Records and Change of Members Official Legal Name".